AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Looking forward!

Looking forward!
« on: August 26, 2020, 11:17:14 AM »
Good Day--My name is Tom Germany. I go by the handle Oilmanmojo on this site and other sites dealing with Audio/Video info. I am an audio/video enthusiast especially passionate about vinyl playback and big heavy turntables. i have been into audio since my early teens and purchased my first turntable in highschool. Over the years i have invested a ton of time and money on creating "room" stocking it with what i consider some of the best equipment i can afford. Of course most of you already know, there is no upper limit to how much you can spend. I currently own a Maplenoll Apollo Turntable (lets see how many of you have heard bout the Noll's) and three other turntables. My record collection is over 3000 albums mostly rock and jazz. The Apollo is equipped with a ZXY UNIverse II MC cartridge but own several other cartridges. The rest of my analog system is a RCM Phono Preamp, Pass Labs XP-10 preamp and XA30.8 Class A amp. This powers a set of AudioPhysics Caldera II speakers. 

My AV system has a Marantz SR7010 core which i have set up in a Dolby Atmos 7.4.1 arrangement in my room. My speaker system uses the Caldera's as the fronts, Klipsch KG5.5 as center and back speakers, Klipsch RS as left right surrounds and Mirage Monitors for atmos ceiling surrounds. I have a 15" Klipsch Sub (my weakpoint of this system). My Projector is a new JVC NX-9 beast that M. Garrett helped me with. The screen is an Seymour/SE EN4K electric screen with masking panels. It is a 100 in wide 2.35 aspect screen that masks down to the standard wide screen. My UHD is a sony that i am looking to upgrade at some point. Pioneer or Panasonic are on my short list now that OPPO is out of the business. I still have an OPPO for 1080p that i use with my analog system. I have a Marantz Universal player but since it is 720P only use it for audio now. Still a fine player. 

I live in the Ozark Mountains near the Ark/Missouri border as a retired oil industry professional (refinery manager for years). We hope to get high speed internet by end of year so i can finally get access to some quality 4k video other than DVD! 

I hope to learn from the folks here as well as contribute where i can. I still am learning about video (owned a projector since 2002) but i am pretty solid on Audio particularly analog reproduction and turntables. If i can help you, let me know!

I will post some pics of my room and equipment soon

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Looking forward!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 11:23:06 AM »
Hi Tom. I look forward to seeing your theater pics ! 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

Re: Looking forward!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 11:17:31 PM »
Welcome Tom. The Pioneer UHD player is going to be hard to get, until next year, so Panasonic is your best bet.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal