AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Northern California Fires

« on: August 19, 2020, 04:51:04 PM »
So I'm in Vacaville, CA, and there are fires spreading throughout the area. We are in an evacuation warning zone...luckily, it hasn't happened yet but our cars are loaded up and ready to go, if necessary. Here's a map of the area with the red lines being where the fire lines are and the shaded area the evacuation zone. The red dot is my home...a bit too close for comfort. https://i.imgur.com/MiepA7r.jpg
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Tom Bley

• We'll just do it in Dubly
Re: Northern California Fires
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 05:10:30 PM »
I hope everything will be okay, Dave. :o  

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 05:15:01 PM »
I hope everything will be okay, Dave. :o 
Thanks Tom. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 06:11:06 PM »
I've been dreading the inevitable wildfires coming this year. I'm thankful to be in an area that doesn't deal with that and it is just gut wrenching to see folks get affected by this. Best wishes David and be safe!

[Edit for clarity: by "area" I mean, across the country in N. Carolina!]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 06:56:46 PM by Paul Heroy »

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 06:32:51 PM »
I wish you the best of luck here, David.  That's got to be stressful as you watch and wait!!

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 06:50:21 PM »
Thankfully, the winds have kept down all day giving the firefighters a good shot at containing it to the canyon to our west. I'm going to owe a lot of firefighter friends some beer when this is all over!
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSMike

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 06:51:32 PM »
Hope they are able to get it under control. Winds in the right direction sure would help. You posted while I was posting. Glad to hear winds are cooperating. :) 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 06:56:11 PM »
It's smoky over here to the east David. There are a lot of fires started by that dry lightning storm Sunday. Hope they tamp that one by you down soon. Man, 2020 has sucked so far, since March. Covid, rolling power blackouts, now fires everywhere*. I'm expecting it to rain frogs next.  

* I'll add our pool heater dying and being backordered for 3 1/2 months, the self cleaning oven feature going haywire and locking our oven shut, and the transmission going out on my 350Z while my wife drives it in Southern CA. What next ! :-X
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 06:59:24 PM »
It's smoky over here to the east David. There are a lot of fires started by that dry lightning storm Sunday. Hope they tamp that one by you down soon. Man, 2020 has sucked so far, since March. Covid, rolling power blackouts, now fires everywhere*. I'm expecting it to rain frogs next. 

* I'll add our pool heater dying and being backordered for 3 1/2 months, the self cleaning oven feature going haywire and locking our oven shut, and the transmission going out on my 350Z while my wife drives it in Southern CA. What next ! :-X
I've been thinking that zombies were going to come next. I'll take the frogs over them though :)
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 12:51:43 AM »
Here's a great video that someone took with a drone from just North of my home (less than a mile away):  

Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 07:24:13 AM »
I've been thinking that zombies were going to come next. I'll take the frogs over them though :)
Well, I did read about a case of Plague somewhere in CA - is that anywhere near you?? :-X:-\

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 11:19:34 AM »
Well, I did read about a case of Plague somewhere in CA - is that anywhere near you?? :-X:-\
Closer to Craig....it's up in the Tahoe area if I recall. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 11:35:45 AM »
Closer to Craig....it's up in the Tahoe area if I recall.
Yosemite / Kings Canyon / Sequoia had rodents with plague at some point. Part of your National Park adventure experience ! 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 02:54:38 PM »

It is so brown there. No wonder the fires spread so easily. :(
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 04:40:17 PM »
It is so brown there. No wonder the fires spread so easily. :(
Yes...it's beautiful in winter and spring when it's green (although my allergies really hate the springtime), but come June, everything browns out. Fortunately, the hills aren't covered in trees so there wasn't a lot of fuel for the fire and the winds stayed low for the majority of the day yesterday giving the firefighters the ability to control the blaze. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal