AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Disc Collectors - Show US Your Collection

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Disc Collectors - Show US Your Collection
« on: July 28, 2020, 03:05:49 PM »
My collection has been culled a couple of times. If my wife and I both won't watch a movie again, it gets sold or gifted. That  said, the current collection stands at 229 4K Blu-rays, 484 Blu-rays and 1 DVD ! I have my own private " Netflix ". And that counts Band Of Brothers, The Pacific and Battlestar Galactica as 3 of those " movies ". I have a lot of stuff to watch in my theater. Any other disc collectors out there ?
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Re: Disc Collectors - Show US Your Collection
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 07:47:32 PM »
Now I'll have to take some pictures...I have discs all over the house :)
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 06:02:29 AM »
Here is my colletion. By MyMovies app I Have 402 4k UHD. I will keep buying discs until I'm forced to stream.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 06:06:14 AM by Franin »

bmoney

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 07:13:05 AM »
Just past 415 4k uhd discs this week :) I almost have more 4k than reg Blu-ray now 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 12:48:46 PM »
Here's a link to my collection:  https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=21148&action=hybrid

I'll try and add some pictures. One wouldn't do it justice :)
Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 01:16:56 PM »
Here's a link to my collection:  https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=21148&action=hybrid

I'll try and add some pictures. One wouldn't do it justice :)
not fair! you get freebies for review lol

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 04:29:58 PM »
I only see 265 4K titles there, so considering that others show 400+ it looks like David is actually kind of a slacker... ;D

bmoney

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 05:28:06 PM »
I only see 265 4K titles there, so considering that others show 400+ it looks like David is actually kind of a slacker... ;D
Yeah that’s me. I have 415+ 4k. I I just assumed his collection. Was huge!

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 05:38:09 PM »
I see a lot of titles in David's collection that I would only have if they were free. Which is why my collection is smaller. They have to have high replay value for me, and be worth shelling out cash for to begin with. 

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 08:16:30 PM »
I only see 265 4K titles there, so considering that others show 400+ it looks like David is actually kind of a slacker... ;D
There are some studios that aren't too friendly with me (Sony), but other's are great (Lions Gate, Warner, Paramount), then Universal and Disney are hit and miss depending on the title. I review 100% of what I request, which I know isn't common. My daughter works at a PR firm and the stories she has about people who request things and never cover them is pretty astounding (and unethical). 
Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 09:33:27 PM »
There are some studios that aren't too friendly with me (Sony), but other's are great (Lions Gate, Warner, Paramount), then Universal and Disney are hit and miss depending on the title. I review 100% of what I request, which I know isn't common. My daughter works at a PR firm and the stories she has about people who request things and never cover them is pretty astounding (and unethical).
How did you get the hookup?

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 01:28:47 AM »
How did you get the hookup?
Long story, but it started with Kris Deering recruiting me on www.hometheaterspot.com back in February 2004. I still remember my first title "My Bosses Daughter," which was absolutely horrible. I literally almost backed out after wasting two hours of my life on that one. Thankfully, things looked up from there.

Anyway, as time went on, he gave me a couple of studios and you get to know the PR agents that are either in house or with a firm. You start getting press releases and as people move around to different outlets they take their mailing lists with them.

So yes, it's good that I get "free" movies, but I've spent countless hours watching films that in some cases I had very little interest in or I ended up hating. On the other hand, I've found some absolute gems over the years as well, but this year has been quite nice with a low workload. In fact, it has given me pause to potentially hang it up at some point in the future. I've kind of liked watching what I want and have enjoyed getting back into watching shows of my choice, such as "The Expanse" (arguably the best sci-fi show I've ever seen) and some old sitcoms. My wife, son and I have been watching Frasier for the past 6 months or so--we are half way through the 10th season and it's been a blast even though I've seen them all before. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 07:34:03 AM »
Long story, but it started with Kris Deering recruiting me on www.hometheaterspot.com back in February 2004. I still remember my first title "My Bosses Daughter," which was absolutely horrible. I literally almost backed out after wasting two hours of my life on that one. Thankfully, things looked up from there.

Anyway, as time went on, he gave me a couple of studios and you get to know the PR agents that are either in house or with a firm. You start getting press releases and as people move around to different outlets they take their mailing lists with them.

So yes, it's good that I get "free" movies, but I've spent countless hours watching films that in some cases I had very little interest in or I ended up hating. On the other hand, I've found some absolute gems over the years as well, but this year has been quite nice with a low workload. In fact, it has given me pause to potentially hang it up at some point in the future. I've kind of liked watching what I want and have enjoyed getting back into watching shows of my choice, such as "The Expanse" (arguably the best sci-fi show I've ever seen) and some old sitcoms. My wife, son and I have been watching Frasier for the past 6 months or so--we are half way through the 10th season and it's been a blast even though I've seen them all before.
I’d be happy to accept if you ever wanted to “pass the torch” I watch so many bad movies cause I just try everything. It’s part of it for me :) 
thanks for what you do!

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 11:33:01 AM »

Frasier was a hoot ! I'll have to check out The Expanse.  

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 01:10:56 PM »
Another BIG thumbs up for The Expanse, which I've mentioned elsewhere before.

To make it relevant to this thread - I'll probably wait for an "all season" 4K box set but add it to my collection when that's available. 

Also, my collection on blu-ray.com is at 115 4K movies (94 SKUs due to some box sets), but growing slower now. 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal