AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Reminder:Barnes & Noble Criterion Collection Sale = Now

Reminder:Barnes & Noble Criterion Collection Sale = Now
« on: July 21, 2020, 06:19:48 PM »
Hi Folks,

Hope this is the correct place to post this reminder....

The annual** Barnes & Noble 50% off Criterion Collection movie sale is going on right now. I believe it will last till August 2nd but check in your area. No affiliation with B&N just a good time to pick up Criterion Collection Dvd’s and Blu rays at a decent (more or less) price.

You can shop online and pick up curbside at your local B&N or have them ship to your house.

I just picked up The Great Escape and a Hitchcock film in Blu ray.

**There is a second on in November I think so, really a Bi-annual sale.

Cheers

Hugo

Re: Reminder:Barnes & Noble Criterion Collection Sale = Now
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 08:26:13 PM »
Hi Folks,

Hope this is the correct place to post this reminder....

The annual** Barnes & Noble 50% off Criterion Collection movie sale is going on right now. I believe it will last till August 2nd but check in your area. No affiliation with B&N just a good time to pick up Criterion Collection Dvd’s and Blu rays at a decent (more or less) price.

You can shop online and pick up curbside at your local B&N or have them ship to your house.

I just picked up The Great Escape and a Hitchcock film in Blu ray.

**There is a second on in November I think so, really a Bi-annual sale.

Cheers

Hugo

Thanks for sharing. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 09:34:39 PM »
Sure thing.

I always seem to forget myself and by the time I get down to a B&N its been picked through more or less. 

Its Hard to pay the regular price for Criterions, excellent as they are, but at 50% off many titles then become attractive. 

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 10:18:52 PM »
Sure thing.

I always seem to forget myself and by the time I get down to a B&N its been picked through more or less. 

Its Hard to pay the regular price for Criterions, excellent as they are, but at 50% off many titles then become attractive. 

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

I just watched this Criterion film last night in fact - Michael Mann's first film. It was awesome ! I'd never seen it. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 10:55:16 PM »
Thats too funny.  I had “Thief” In my cart to buy but noticed its currently out of stock online so I passed on it.

I may decide to do the curbside delivery thing at my local B&N to pick it up and 2 others I’ve been thinking about.

I am waiting on delivery of The Great Escape.  Heard they did a superb restoration on that film and that seems an appropriate “Quarantine” film to watch. 8)

I have heard that they are starting to look into 4K restorations so that may be something to check Out in the future too. Good times ahead for sure.

Cheers.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 10:56:57 PM »
Thats too funny.  I had “Thief” In my cart to buy but noticed its currently out of stock online so I passed on it.

I may decide to do the curbside delivery thing at my local B&N to pick it up and 2 others I’ve been thinking about.

I am waiting on delivery of The Great Escape.  Heard they did a superb restoration on that film and that seems an appropriate “Quarantine” film to watch. 8)

I have heard that they are starting to look into 4K restorations so that may be something to check Out in the future too. Good times ahead for sure.

Cheers.
We recently watched "The Great Escape," but it was the regular Blu-ray. I didn't think it looked bad at all for a film of its age. I bet Criterion ups the quality quite a bit though. As a movie, it's fantastic and the real life story is even more interesting. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal