AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Sony X950H vs X900H vs LG CX? Also size question

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
Re: Sony X950H vs X900H vs LG CX? Also size question
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 08:29:33 PM »
I forgot to note I'm not considering Samsung since they don't do Dolby Vision and I have a lot of sources that offer that. However maybe that's a mistake?  Apparently the Q90T is good though out of box cal isn't. Doesn't support DV though. 
Pansonic TC-P60VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 11:05:16 PM »
Well I think my decision is down to the 75" X900H or the 65" CX unless the upcoming Vizio Quantum or OLED screens are similar/better for much cheaper.  On a positive note I finally got the wife on board with the upgrade.  She was all like "but the current TV works fine" so I gave her a crash course on how 4K would be 4 of our plasma rolled into one TV of the same size, and then since our iPhones are HDR capable I showed her the color/contrast difference in one of the opening scenes of For All Mankind on AppleTV+ episode 3.  It looked "fine" on the plasma but the color and contrast in HDR on the phone (which should be similar/same as a 4K HDR TV) she definitely saw the difference and agreed.  I also kind of explained it like yeah the plasma is fine but it's now old tech sort of like VHS on a square TV vs blu-ray on the current TV (little extreme but gets the point across) because she definitely understands that kind of comparison.
Nicely done!
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 11:01:57 AM »
Nicely done!

Thanks, now if I could just decide what to go with.  I'm really tempted to go with one of the Sony TV's either for the $$ savings, or depending on the model to get a 75 and still save some $$$ over the 65" CX/C9
Pansonic TC-P60VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »
Well, I think we decided the 65 is out.  We could fit a 75" in the space but overall I think it's just too big.  I also think I've decided to go with the LG CX anyway which definitely rules out anything over a 65 both for space (77 will NOT fit) and $$$ reasons.  If all goes according to "my" plan, we should have a new TV in a couple weeks or less (assuming availability).  We're also "giving" the plasma to a good friend of ours for $300 (seems about right from recent pricing stuff I've seen on other forums as demand for them has dropped a lot).  So that will cover wall mounting or a calibration or something.  

I'm planning to hopefully wall mount on an articulating mount to both push it a few inches closer to us and also be able to get my center channel on top of the entertainment unit.  Needs to be a good mount and properly mounted though as it will constantly be hanging out about 28" from the wall.  I'm assuming there really shouldn't be a concern with that if it's installed properly?

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal