AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
« on: June 18, 2020, 05:26:17 PM »
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 10:56:33 PM »
I think that getting back to exploration would be good for Star Trek. Now, if it weren't limited to CBS All Access. 

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 11:45:03 PM »
I'm not a total Trekker - I couldn't watch Voyager after the first few episodes but did enjoy TOS, TNG, DS9 and some of Enterprise (especially the final season where Manny Coto was involved). Haven't watched any of the newer stuff on streaming.

That said, I definitely like the sound of getting back to roots with something more optimistic and positive. I've gotten really tired of the constant flood of dark, dreary genre shows that seem to be so common now. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some but some go too far. (Mr. Robot and Altered Carbon for example, were just too dark for me.) 

IMO The Expanse has set the bar recently in terms of overall writing/acting/production for a genre show.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal