AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Anyone have a list of new releases that have been put out for streaming?

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
Since theaters have been shut down and some movies are being released via streaming, is there a list somewhere of what new movies have been released in that format?  Just looking for an easier way that sorting through various streaming platforms trying to decipher actually new from the standard newly released to home after it was in a theater.
LG 65" CX OLED | Denon AVR-X4500H | Panasonic UB820 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | 2021 Apple TV 4K | Xfinity X1 DVR

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
I haven't seen one but maybe David Vaughn knows something. With AMC announcing they will be reopening, I wonder if the direct to streaming will end.

I haven't seen a list. Most movies were postponed, not cancelled. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Tenet is coming to theaters this summer. They need a horse style feedbag mask that you can fill with popcorn !
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
Thanks for the info.  Yeah I'm definitely starting to feel the movie drought.  I went to add more new releases onto my Netflix blu-ray list for shipping since I'm down to about 9 (10 if you count Call of the Wild which still has no release date on Netflix) and browsing through the release calendar on blu-ray.com there's literally nothing for June/July to add other than the couple things I already added a month or so ago.  The July calendar is so sparse it looks like when you're looking 3-4 months out usually on their release calendar section (just old movies, direct to DVD stuff, etc.).
LG 65" CX OLED | Denon AVR-X4500H | Panasonic UB820 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | 2021 Apple TV 4K | Xfinity X1 DVR

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
I'll bet there will be a bunch of new films released on disc late this year after they run in the reopened theaters. Tenet, Top Gun : Maverick, The King's Man, No Time To Die, Dune, Greyhound, Wonder Woman 1984, Free Guy, Black Widow, A Quiet Place 2 and others. Plus more catalog titles. We just need to wait. I have 690 movies to watch while I wait. Some that I haven't seen yet ! 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
I'll bet there will be a bunch of new films released on disc late this year after they run in the reopened theaters. Tenet, Top Gun : Maverick, The King's Man, No Time To Die, Dune, Greyhound, Wonder Woman 1984, Free Guy, Black Widow, A Quiet Place 2 and others. Plus more catalog titles. We just need to wait. I have 690 movies to watch while I wait. Some that I haven't seen yet !
Yeah it's looking like time to finally catch up on a bunch of discs I bought over the last year and never got to.  One of the Thor movies on UHD that I upgraded to from a DVD version, the original Ultraman series on blu-ray (had a really old DVD set from some "Yahoo store" in the early 2000's), UHD Mummy boxed set (the Brendan Fraser ones), the other 8 movies and special features for the Best Buy UHD Skywalker Saga, and more.

claw

Re: Anyone have a list of new releases that have been put out for streaming?
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 06:51:11 PM »
I binged the entire The Queen's Gambit series last night (and into this morning) on Netflix.  Anya Taylor-Joy's performance is excellent as a chess prodigy.

It wasn't until I finished the series that it dawned on me that she also played the title character in Morgan.  I had never heard of her when I viewed my UHD disc.  I will watch it again tonight.

I hadn't planned on viewing the recent movie Emma, but now it's added to my movies to watch queue.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 08:49:01 PM by claw »
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 09:21:23 PM »
We are half way through Season 3 of "The Expanse" on Prime...WOW, what a great show. Arguably the best sci-fi show this century. I really liked the reboot of Battlestar Galatica, but so far this has a bit more meat on the bones and every episode has been a winner thus far through 2.5 seasons. There are four of them available now with Season 5 coming in December. Also, season 6 has already been picked up by Amazon so I don't feel I'm wasting my time. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 07:26:46 PM »
We are half way through Season 3 of "The Expanse" on Prime...WOW, what a great show. Arguably the best sci-fi show this century. I really liked the reboot of Battlestar Galatica, but so far this has a bit more meat on the bones and every episode has been a winner thus far through 2.5 seasons. There are four of them available now with Season 5 coming in December. Also, season 6 has already been picked up by Amazon so I don't feel I'm wasting my time.
Better than BSG? This, I have to check out.

Thanks, David.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 11:16:53 PM »
Been trying to tell everyone I know about The Expanse - many of my friends are already into it. With it moving to Amazon it's easier to get. (Though previous seasons were available on Amazon while it was still being done on Syfy.) 

Season 5 comes out starting Dec 16. "Starting" b/c they are going to do a weekly release for this season instead of dropping it all at once. Book fans say S5 is a big one. And that's another great thing about this series - unlike GoT, the actual books are about to be done (the finale, #9, is scheduled for publication in a few months) and well before the TV show gets there. 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal