June 9, 2020 Blu-ray Releases
« on: June 06, 2020, 10:34:57 AM »
An Unmarried Woman
Anne Frank Remembered
Blush
Brian's Song
Bungo Stray Dogs - Season Three
Bungo Stray Dogs: DEAD APPLES
Deanna Durban Collection I [100 Men and a Girl / Three Smart Girls Grow Up / It Started with Eve]
Doctor Who: The Complete Twelfth Series
Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema III [Abandond / The Lady Gambles / The Sleeping City]
Heroic Age: The Complete Series (Essentials)
Home
House of Many Sorrows
Michiko & Hatchin: The Complete Series (Essentials)
Mob Psycho 100 II
Mob Psycho 100 II (Limited Edition)
My 20th Century
Non Non Biyori: Vacation
P.O. Box Tinto Brass
Princess Caraboo
Public Enemy Number One
Re:ZERO: Starting Life in Another World - Season One
Red Cow
Return to Hardwick
Straight Edge Kegger
The Claire Sinclair Show
The Food Cure
The H-Man / Battle in Outer Space (Double Feature)
The Hunt
Think Like A Dog
Think Like A Dog (Digital)
Turner Risk
Victor and Victoria
Voices
We Summon the Darkness
Western Classics I
White Crane Chronicles - Kung Fu Killer

Barry

Re: June 9, 2020 Blu-ray Releases
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 05:27:35 PM »
Not a lot here, but I did love "Brian's Song" the original.
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 09:46:27 PM »
Not a lot here, but I did love "Brian's Song" the original.
Outstanding movie. If you don't shed a tear, then you're like the tin man...you have no heart. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 11:35:40 PM »
Very slow week for releases.

Barry

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 11:41:45 PM »
Tracy and David,

with everything rotten that's going on let me just say that in some ways we live in amazing times. I remember that if I missed a movie that was playing in the movie theater I might never see it. And if I really like that I might never see it again. If we were lucky it went on NBC's Saturday night at the movies but it went on cut for time, cut for content, and on a 3 x 4 screen. While the VCR change things enormously we now get cable, streaming, DVDs, 4K DVDs and I'm sure I left out something.

But for the most part movies are not lost anymore. And something like Brian's song can be seen again at our leisure.
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 11:32:53 AM »
Tracy and David,

with everything rotten that's going on let me just say that in some ways we live in amazing times. I remember that if I missed a movie that was playing in the movie theater I might never see it. And if I really like that I might never see it again. If we were lucky it went on NBC's Saturday night at the movies but it went on cut for time, cut for content, and on a 3 x 4 screen. While the VCR change things enormously we now get cable, streaming, DVDs, 4K DVDs and I'm sure I left out something.

But for the most part movies are not lost anymore. And something like Brian's song can be seen again at our leisure.

Home theater and movies coming out on Blu-ray / 4K Blu-ray - especially older titles - have enabled me to catch up on great films I missed over the years. The list of movies I never saw until they came out on disc is endless. " American Psycho " with Christian Bale, " 8 1/2 ", " Amelie ", " Pan's Labyrinth ", " Play Time ", " The Princess Bride " - at this point I've seen far more movies after they came out on disc than I've ever seen in an actual theater. But the last movie I saw in a theater was " The Martian " in 2015 ( it looks / sounds better in my theater than the Dolby theater we went to in Dallas at Cedia ) and before that " Sex And The City " in 2008 with my wife. I don't really go to theaters. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal