AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC DLA-RS46U projector does not display image, warning light flashing

Hi, my name is Aaron.  I wanted to kindly ask for some troubleshooting ideas regarding my JVC DLA-RS46U, bought from AV Science back in 2013.  A few weeks ago my wife was going to watch a show in our media room but could not get anything to play, so I assumed it was something simple.  Our JVC projector was displaying the solid blue screen with the 'No input' message, so I first assumed it was a bad HDMI.  I bought a new HDMI and plugged it directly into our cable box to remove the receiver as a variable but I was still seeing the same message.  I got the same message when trying the HDMI 2 input on the projector.  I unplugged the power cable and HDMI cable and after a few minutes I plugged the power cable back in but the unit would not project an image.  The 'Standby' light was solid red, the 'Lamp' light was solid orange and the 'Warning' light would flash 6 times, pause, then repeat.  I don't think the bulb is the issue because literally minutes before I unplugged the unit I was at least getting a bright blue image.  We also don't have that many hours on the bulb despite it being 7 years old.  Outside of trying a new bulb I am unsure what else to do.  JVC tech support was not too helpful besides telling me how to file a service claim.  Any ideas would be much appreciated!

AVSMike

Re: JVC DLA-RS46U projector does not display image, warning light flashing
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 04:59:08 PM »
I think you will just have to send it in and  get an estimate for repair. When you said you got only a blue screen even with a new HDMI connected directly, my  first thought was a power surge (lighting) took out the HDMI board. But not powering back up after unplugging makes it sound like some other issue or two issues. I do not know. 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 05:53:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I’m in the same boat as you. I’m not confident any basic troubleshooting will address my issue. We’ll see what the service center finds out. 

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 12:18:20 PM »
Same issue here...wondering what support can back with...wondering it it is worth repairing?

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 01:03:39 PM »
Same issue here...wondering what support can back with...wondering it it is worth repairing?
Probably not. We have a few RS440's left that would be a big improvement over an RS46. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

bmoney

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 01:54:33 PM »
and the price on the 440 is outstanding!
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Go Up