AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Running for fun

AVSMike

Running for fun
« on: November 07, 2019, 11:23:01 AM »
Any other guys out there that run for fun and health? I started back running in 2012. But fall of 2015 I got Plantar Fasciitis in both feet. I kept trying to run and just made it a lot worse. I would stop running for a while to see if it would heal, but it never did, because I never completely quit. I kept trying to walk and run some. Finally after fighting it for two years, running off and on, I quit everything. No running or walking. I also started on a stretching routine. After five months, I was finally back to where I could start back exercising again. 

Started walking and running a little bit in March of this year. But since I did not want to get hurt again, I made a few changes. Before I used to overstride and heal strike pretty bad. I have since changed my running style. I shortened my stride and increased my cadence. I now feel good. I can go for a run every day with no ill effects. I do still stretch my calf muscles every day, to make sure I do not get too tight. 

I usually run around 20 miles a week. I bought a Forerunner 245 to track my stats. Love this watch. Much better than the Tom Tom Cardio Sport and Garmin Vivoactive that I had before. I vary my routine. Some weeks I run every day, short 3 mile runs. Other weeks I run longer 6 to 8 mile runs every other day. Some days I run a hilly course and other days a flat course. 

I am going to try and run outside as much as I can this winter, since I am not particularly fond of the treadmill. Any other posters like to run?

My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Running for fun
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 12:42:15 PM »
Why not cycling ? It's easier on the joints. I have about 1,791.8 miles and 149,105  feet of elevation gain so far this year. 

https://ridewithgps.com/users/278540
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 01:21:16 PM »
I walk the dog and I walk when I golf. Every now and then I'll walk with my wife when she has no one else to go with her. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 03:25:01 PM »
Why not cycling ? It's easier on the joints. I have about 1,791.8 miles and 149,105  feet of elevation gain so far this year.

https://ridewithgps.com/users/278540
Where I live is not a good place to ride (narrow roads and no bike lanes) and it seems like a lot of people get hit by bad drivers. My brother rides with three other people. Two out of the four have been hit by cars.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSLaurie

• AVS Leader of the pack
  • Learning something new always makes for a good day
    • AV Science, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 04:19:29 PM »
Is there such a thing as "running for fun"? If so, I've never experienced it. I've come to the conclusion that I am "endorphin challenged". I've actually read up on this recently and there are some people that are truly lacking in this hormone. Maybe I am one of them, so I guess I will just have to stick to walking.
I truly do envy those that are able to feel that "high".

Oh well, can you hear the violins playing for me in the background? ::)
Friday Flash Sale Promos are valid for one week, unless limited by product availability. Call us for more information at 877-823-4452 or visit us at
AV Science.com

Waboman

• Growing older but not up
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 12:33:44 AM »
The way I see it we're all given a finite amount of steps in this crazy game of life.  Running just speeds up the ending.;)
When life gives you limes… make margaritas

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 06:33:33 AM »
My grandmother started running a mile a day.  That was 2 years ago, and we don't know where the hell she is now! ;D :P :) ???
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:36:17 AM by DLCPhoto »

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal