AVS Discussions
  Go Down

My Speakers Makes Crackling Noises!

Sanford42586

• Tech Geek
My Speakers Makes Crackling Noises!
« on: September 04, 2019, 07:17:19 AM »
Hi Friends,

My Speakers make crackling noises. Any idea what can be the cause of the issue and How can I get it fixed?

AVSMike

Re: My Speakers Makes Crackling Noises!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 09:49:36 AM »
All of them or only one of them? Also probably the amp is the problem, not the speaker, unless your speakers are active with amps built in. If it is not all the speakers, you can switch the cables and rule out the speaker being the problem. Let's say the right and left are making a noise, but the center is not. Switch right speaker cable with center speaker cable. If noise stays with right speaker then it is a speaker problem. If noise switches to center, then it is an amp problem. Do the same with the left speaker cable and center speaker cable.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 10:21:50 AM »
I too would be interested to hear if it's all your speakers or not. Does it happen all of the time? Does volume make a difference?

Which amp and speakers are you running? If it's only one speaker and they are pretty old, it could be the surrounds. If it's all your speakers then it could very well be the amp.

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 12:50:56 PM »
I too would be interested to hear if it's all your speakers or not. Does it happen all of the time? Does volume make a difference?

Which amp and speakers are you running? If it's only one speaker and they are pretty old, it could be the surrounds. If it's all your speakers then it could very well be the amp.
Even one speaker, it could be the amp. Just need to test as I recommended. Then if it is a speaker, time to investigate. As you said, if speakers are old, it could be cracked/missing surround foam. Easy enough to replace, if you can get the replacement part.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Sanford42586

• Tech Geek
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 09:20:25 AM »
It's from all of them and Happens When I get it played from a laptop. Any thought if this could be the culprit behind it? I am really starting to doubt that.

AVSMike

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 01:00:46 PM »
It's from all of them and Happens When I get it played from a laptop. Any thought if this could be the culprit behind it? I am really starting to doubt that.
Sorry, I missed seeing this. Unless your speakers are powered, then you have an amp. If all speakers are making this noise, I would bet that the amp is the problem.

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal