Toggle navigation
AVS Discussions
Home
Forum
Help
Search
Gallery
Search
Stats
Login
Register
Login
Register
×
Close
Login
Remember me
Forgot your password?
AVS Discussions
Projection Screens
2.35:1 Screens / lenses
Anamorphic lens— newbie help
1
Print
Anamorphic lens— newbie help
2 Replies
2752 Views
Spw70
2
Anamorphic lens— newbie help
«
on:
August 16, 2019, 12:50:44 PM »
I just wanted to reach out as I had some general questions that I hope could be quickly answered. Just starting a new theater build, probably going to get a jvc nx7. I really like the idea of using a A lens with it. Question is- can I use one of the older panamorph lenses with it or one of the others (isco, ect...)?
Sharp picture and extra brightness is my main focus, aside from aspect ratio. But dont want to spend thousands. Would like to keep in $1500 and hopefully way lower range. Any suggestions on specific lenses to look for would be greatly appreciated.
Ty much
Logged
AVSMike
2011
Re: Anamorphic lens— newbie help
«
Reply #1 on:
August 16, 2019, 02:10:08 PM »
Yes you can. What lens are you considering? Sent you a PM.
I know of a Cinevista that you could get real cheap.
«
Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:14:24 PM by AVSMike
»
Logged
My Baffle Wall System:
https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902
Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.
NBPk402
550
Living the retired life
Re: Anamorphic lens— newbie help
«
Reply #2 on:
August 19, 2019, 02:24:55 PM »
I have a Panamorph UHD that has a defect in the lower corner that an am selling if you are interested. The defect is not viewable when watching a movie at all. I used to use it with my Panasonic ae8000, and it worked fine.
Logged
Marantz av8805a, 2 double stackedK402MEHs, MINIDSP DDRC88M, Denafrips Athena & Pontus ii, 6 Fosi v3 monoblocks for tri-amping, xilica xp4080, 2 Delta Audio 300 plate amps for 2 f20 horn subs, xangsane speaker wire, and XLR cables, Zappiti Reference, Panasonic ub820, LG 86"" 4k fp, NVIDIA Shield Pro
1
Print
AVS Discussions
Projection Screens
2.35:1 Screens / lenses
Anamorphic lens— newbie help
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal