AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Shouldn't you want in-theater reviews?

Shouldn't you want in-theater reviews?
« on: July 25, 2019, 10:24:09 PM »
I don't have a stake in this either way, but it seems to me that before you can decide on whether or not to search for and wait for a BD of a particular movie, you need to know if the movie is worth it or not.  And that first happens in-theater.

I guess to me, it seems like whether it's available on disc or only in the theaters is just an ancillary detail.  I'd rather have the information on it sooner than later, and sooner is always in-theater, no?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:25:49 PM by tgm1024 »
Avoid Wikipedia.

Barry

Re: Shouldn't you want in-theater reviews?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 12:13:51 AM »
I have been posting for months reviews of New movies, often the day that they Premier! Just check the site under ‘New Movies.”
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Shouldn't you want in-theater reviews?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 01:07:26 PM »
I don't have a stake in this either way, but it seems to me that before you can decide on whether or not to search for and wait for a BD of a particular movie, you need to know if the movie is worth it or not.  And that first happens in-theater.

I guess to me, it seems like whether it's available on disc or only in the theaters is just an ancillary detail.  I'd rather have the information on it sooner than later, and sooner is always in-theater, no?
Before I actually buy a movie, I will have read the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes, my movie nut friends, and probably Digital Bits, High Def Digest and Blu-ray.com. And maybe watched an online trailer. And read a review here. ;)
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal