AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Northern California - Home Theater Calibrators

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Northern California - Home Theater Calibrators
« on: June 12, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »
Kris Deering will be doing a home theater calibration tour in Northern California / Bay Area in early August. Contact him here for more info or to get on his list - https://www.deepdiveav.com

Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
Re: Northern California - Home Theater Calibrators
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 03:47:23 PM »
I just got an email regarding Chad B. - " Chad will be touring your area:   January 20th - February 7th ". I don't know if he has openings available ( I'm all set myself right now ), but if you need a calibration, you might contact him. 

http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 09:26:36 PM »
I did too, for the Sac area. I was hoping to have a Lumagen for him or Kris to set up by now but not in the cards. The RS500 will just get a good curve and his magic for now. I only have maybe 40 hours on the bulb, I better finish breaking it in, or so I'm told...

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 09:36:58 PM »
I did too, for the Sac area. I was hoping to have a Lumagen for him or Kris to set up by now but not in the cards. The RS500 will just get a good curve and his magic for now. I only have maybe 40 hours on the bulb, I better finish breaking it in, or so I'm told...
I'm in Cameron Park - not far from you.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 12:39:52 PM »
I figured you were somewhere nearby. I like that town! The airport is really cool.

BTW, can I figure the bulb/colors have stabilized enough for calibration by about 100 hours? More?

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 02:35:59 PM »
I figured you were somewhere nearby. I like that town! The airport is really cool.

BTW, can I figure the bulb/colors have stabilized enough for calibration by about 100 hours? More?
100 hours should be fine. It's also so you can make sure the lamp isn't defective. 

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 02:46:39 AM »
Awesome, thanks Craig.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »
Quick follow up for anyone considering a calibration and/or Chad B's services. He absolutely killed it today. My RS-500 was so dim it was unwatchable with UHD films and he completely turned it into an outstanding experience! Without hesitation worth the price of his services. He also helped set up my Vertex2, dialed in the Oppo 203, and dealt with my room's idiosyncrasies without missing a beat. I'm amazed at what the projector's image looks like now. Surely positive feedback for Chad.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 11:09:18 PM »
Quick follow up for anyone considering a calibration and/or Chad B's services. He absolutely killed it today. My RS-500 was so dim it was unwatchable with UHD films and he completely turned it into an outstanding experience! Without hesitation worth the price of his services. He also helped set up my Vertex2, dialed in the Oppo 203, and dealt with my room's idiosyncrasies without missing a beat. I'm amazed at what the projector's image looks like now. Surely positive feedback for Chad.

He does an outstanding job - sounds like you are going to have a much better home theater experience now !

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 08:44:10 PM »
Any input on a calibrator in the Sacramento area?  Hoping to have a new TV in the house soon and would really like to have a cal done on this one.  Last time I had one was around 2010 on my old RPCRT from Chuck from Lion AV, but he's long moved to Palm Springs from San Francisco so that's out.
LG 65" CX OLED | Denon AVR-X4500H | Panasonic UB820 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | 2021 Apple TV 4K | Xfinity X1 DVR

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 09:03:33 PM »
Any input on a calibrator in the Sacramento area?  Hoping to have a new TV in the house soon and would really like to have a cal done on this one.  Last time I had one was around 2010 on my old RPCRT from Chuck from Lion AV, but he's long moved to Palm Springs from San Francisco so that's out.
I'd suggest Kris Deering (Deep Dive AV) who makes trips to California from his home in Washington. He's one of the best out there. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 10:08:47 PM »
Thanks! I'll look them up.
LG 65" CX OLED | Denon AVR-X4500H | Panasonic UB820 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | 2021 Apple TV 4K | Xfinity X1 DVR

AVSMike

My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 02:07:05 AM »
Thanks, just emailed.  Didn't remember that he was the subject of the OP woops :-[

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal