Batman Forever (UHD Blu-ray) review

Batman Forever (UHD Blu-ray) review
« on: June 06, 2019, 05:52:15 PM »

Studio: Warner Brothers
Release Date: June 4, 2019
Rating: PG-13
Film: 2.5/5

Plot
Batman must battle former district attorney Harvey Dent, who is now Two-Face and Edward Nygma, The Riddler with help from an amorous psychologist and a young circus acrobat who becomes his sidekick, Robin.

My Thoughts
Some films get better with age, others get worse. This one definitely falls into the latter category. While not completely unwatchable, it isn’t very good. The script is paper thin and shallow and Kilmer’s portrayal as Batman is a big step down that what Keaton delivered or what Bale would come to do many years later. Like in the last film, the villains steal the show, especially Jim Carrey as The Riddler—he was perfectly made for the role. Tommy Lee Jones is too good of an actor to be in a film such as this, but he seems to have fun with the role. Kidman is simply beautiful to look at in 4K, so no complaints there.

Video 10/10 

Audio 10/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• Audio Commentary
  • Riddle Me This? Why is Batman Forever?
  • Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga of the Dark Knight Pt. 5 – Reinventing a Hero
  • Batman Forever: The Heroes
  • Batman Forever: The Villains
  • Beyond Batman
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Music Video: “Kiss From a Rose” by Seal
  • Blu-ray+ Digital Copy

Conclusion
Maybe it’s too much Batman to take in over such a short period of time, but director Joel Schumacher’s vision of The Dark Knight breaks the mold that Burton created with the first two films and moves too much in the direction of campiness. Regardless, the presentation is very good and the colors really pop off the screen. Recommended for fans only.

Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Re: Batman Forever (UHD Blu-ray) review
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 11:38:59 AM »
I tried watching this and couldn't get through it. lol  I ended up just selling it off and I won't even attempt Batman and Robin. Just the first two of these for me. 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal