AVS Discussions
  Go Down

4K TV's & Projectors

Spike

4K TV's & Projectors
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:20:23 AM »
There was a time when I was really into using a Projector with my A/V system.  I had a 108" screen, which I still own, a nice midrange 1080p projector, and behind the pull down screen I had a 1080 television next to an A/V rack with all kinds of goodies.  But now with 4K TV's at 55" and up up and away in terms of size, I've kind of moved on from setting up my own projector for Movies.  I miss those days some what.  My daughter, who also loves movies, and I would go down there and watch a movie just to spend time together.  I don't know if I'd ever upgrade anything that I own down there.  I still have everything just like before, yet, it is not set up. I guess it would be kind of fun, even if I didn't upgrade anything to just go down there and experience it like we used to.  LOL The only problem is, it's not set up.  Do you think I could "encourage" her to set it up for me?  Naaaaah! She's smarter than that!
Cubs Fan Since Birth! Finally Rewarded.. Go Cubs!
Television: Samsung UN65JS9000
A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4300H
Subwoofer: HSU VTF Subwoofer
Speakers: Definitive Tech StudioMonitor 65, ProCenter 2000, ProMonitor 800, Heos 1 HS2
Digital Video Recorder: Directv 4K DVR
Set Top Box: Apple TV
Favorite Streaming Service: Deezer through Heos

AVSMike

Re: 4K TV's & Projectors
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 08:26:24 AM »
With some of the newer projectors , white 1.0 gain screen and a good light controlled room and you can get pretty close to the image of your TV, but in a much larger size.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: 4K TV's & Projectors
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 05:30:28 PM »
There was a time when I was really into using a Projector with my A/V system.  I had a 108" screen, which I still own, a nice midrange 1080p projector, and behind the pull down screen I had a 1080 television next to an A/V rack with all kinds of goodies.  But now with 4K TV's at 55" and up up and away in terms of size, I've kind of moved on from setting up my own projector for Movies.  I miss those days some what.  My daughter, who also loves movies, and I would go down there and watch a movie just to spend time together.  I don't know if I'd ever upgrade anything that I own down there.  I still have everything just like before, yet, it is not set up. I guess it would be kind of fun, even if I didn't upgrade anything to just go down there and experience it like we used to.  LOL The only problem is, it's not set up.  Do you think I could "encourage" her to set it up for me?  Naaaaah! She's smarter than that!

She should ! 108 inch 16x9 display vs 55 inch 16x9 display -

http://displaywars.com/comparisons/108-inch-16x9-vs-55-inch-16x9.png
4K TV's & Projectors
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal