AVS Discussions
  Go Down

4K Movies you own or must have.

Harro

Re: 4K Movies you own or must have.
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2019, 06:57:11 AM »
Don't forget DTS:X MSTR if your AVR supports it.  Those new speakers can be used for DTS:X as well.   The Harry Potter UHD discs have really good mixes.   Atomic Blonde as well.
Yes I am really hoping that the Nad 777v3 will come out with a firmware update to support the DTS:X format.
I do have Battleship in DTS:X. Reviews are poor but I think it is a entertaining movie without having to think too hard, which for me is a plus :)

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2019, 12:14:41 PM »
Don't forget DTS:X MSTR if your AVR supports it.  Those new speakers can be used for DTS:X as well.   The Harry Potter UHD discs have really good mixes.   Atomic Blonde as well.

DTS does sound great. Atomic blonde has a dynamite sound track ( I like the movie a lot too ) !!
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:30am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

bmoney

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2019, 12:36:12 PM »
Yes I am really hoping that the Nad 777v3 will come out with a firmware update to support the DTS:X format.
I do have Battleship in DTS:X. Reviews are poor but I think it is a entertaining movie without having to think too hard, which for me is a plus :)

This is THE only negative about my NAD 758 v3 avr. Cause it’s sound outstanding!!! Just needs to get the dts—x then it’s perrfect

« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2019, 08:31:25 AM »
Late to the 4K party, so virtually all of my shiny's so far are Blu-Ray, but I previously bought 4 Blu-Rays that included 4K discs in the package, so those will be first up:  Battleship, Bladerunner 2049, Guardians of the Galaxy 2,  and Passengers.  Happy to see that two of them are on Craig's short list.   👍

Is 4K movie streaming a decent approximation of the disc experience, and are any of the 4K streaming services clearly better than others?
JVC DLA RS-540U, Stewart ST 130 G3, Yamaha RX-A3080, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, Dish 722k, Roku, ATV, Harmony 900.  Atmos 7.2.4 via Martin Logan Stage-X, Martin Logan Theos x2, Martin Logan FX x2, Sonance VP69 x2, Sonance VP66 x4, SVS PC12-NSD x2.  Palliser recliners x7 and Great Dane beds x2.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2019, 09:01:45 AM »
Late to the 4K party, so virtually all of my shiny's so far are Blu-Ray, but I previously bought 4 Blu-Rays that included 4K discs in the package, so those will be first up:  Battleship, Bladerunner 2049, Guardians of the Galaxy 2,  and Passengers.  Happy to see that two of them are on Craig's short list.   👍

Is 4K movie streaming a decent approximation of the disc experience, and are any of the 4K streaming services clearly better than others?

I really like all three of those. Haven't seen Battleship.  Can't say regarding streaming.
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2019, 10:12:03 AM »
I really like all three of those. Haven't seen Battleship.  Can't say regarding streaming.
👍
JVC DLA RS-540U, Stewart ST 130 G3, Yamaha RX-A3080, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, Dish 722k, Roku, ATV, Harmony 900.  Atmos 7.2.4 via Martin Logan Stage-X, Martin Logan Theos x2, Martin Logan FX x2, Sonance VP69 x2, Sonance VP66 x4, SVS PC12-NSD x2.  Palliser recliners x7 and Great Dane beds x2.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2019, 11:41:28 AM »
My latest 4K Blu-rays are " A Simple Favor " - great movie. I'm watching it again with friends tomorrow. And " Bad Times At The El Royale " - watched that last night. That  is one wild ass film. I liked it. Also a great transfer,and great sound track !
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2019, 12:06:34 PM »
im picking up bad times at el royale tonight looking foward to watching it. Never heard of other one illl have to check it out.
I did pickup and watch Venom last week me and the wife both liked it and looked great on my jvc. really good video and sound.  :)

cjake

« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2019, 05:36:27 AM »
My latest 4K Blu-rays are " A Simple Favor " - great movie. I'm watching it again with friends tomorrow. And " Bad Times At The El Royale " - watched that last night. That  is one wild ass film. I liked it. Also a great transfer,and great sound track !

I rented the A Simple Favor UHD disc as I wasn't expecting much but it is a really good film.   I will look to purchase it when I see it on sale.
AKA claw on the other forum

JVC RS500/LG B7A OLED/Denon X6400H/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/Samsung K8500/Appple TV 4K/HDfury Vertex,Linker,Integral

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2019, 08:31:02 AM »
I watched it again the other night with friends. Even better the 2nd time around. So many funny lines in that movie. Such a great cast too !
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2019, 09:07:29 AM »
i just picked that one up and will watch it soon. i picked up like 10 4k movies yesterday at best buy have a bunch on sale for 15$ some newer some a  lil older.
i actually finally just watched 4k uhd suicide squad with the wife last night. ive had it for like a year and finally watched it :-X .. even though got not great reviews i enjoyed it alot i wish watched it sooner. It was very sharp and had a really great soundtrack and kept my 2 monolith subs very busy most of the movie. i hope they end up coming out with harly quinn movie i thought her charactar was the best by far. i like jared leto but did not like jared leto as joker though wasnt feeling it.

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread already, but I just watched Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time, and it was just incredible!  The music was spectacular, totally immersive, crystal clear, room-thumping bass, and was as close to being present in a concert environment as I've experienced. I thought the movie itself was also tremendous - deeply moving. This is the type of movie that we create our Home Theaters to experience!

Go Up