AVS Discussions
  Go Down

4K Movies you own or must have.

Harro

Re: 4K Movies you own or must have.
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2019, 06:57:11 AM »
Don't forget DTS:X MSTR if your AVR supports it.  Those new speakers can be used for DTS:X as well.   The Harry Potter UHD discs have really good mixes.   Atomic Blonde as well.
Yes I am really hoping that the Nad 777v3 will come out with a firmware update to support the DTS:X format.
I do have Battleship in DTS:X. Reviews are poor but I think it is a entertaining movie without having to think too hard, which for me is a plus :)

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2019, 12:14:41 PM »
Don't forget DTS:X MSTR if your AVR supports it.  Those new speakers can be used for DTS:X as well.   The Harry Potter UHD discs have really good mixes.   Atomic Blonde as well.

DTS does sound great. Atomic blonde has a dynamite sound track ( I like the movie a lot too ) !!
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:30am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

bmoney

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2019, 12:36:12 PM »
Yes I am really hoping that the Nad 777v3 will come out with a firmware update to support the DTS:X format.
I do have Battleship in DTS:X. Reviews are poor but I think it is a entertaining movie without having to think too hard, which for me is a plus :)

This is THE only negative about my NAD 758 v3 avr. Cause it’s sound outstanding!!! Just needs to get the dts—x then it’s perrfect

« Reply #123 on: Yesterday at 08:31:25 AM »
Late to the 4K party, so virtually all of my shiny's so far are Blu-Ray, but I previously bought 4 Blu-Rays that included 4K discs in the package, so those will be first up:  Battleship, Bladerunner 2049, Guardians of the Galaxy 2,  and Passengers.  Happy to see that two of them are on Craig's short list.   👍

Is 4K movie streaming a decent approximation of the disc experience, and are any of the 4K streaming services clearly better than others?
JVC DLA RS-540U, Stewart ST 130 G3, Yamaha RX-A3080, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, Roku, ATV, Harmony 900, Atmos 7.2.4 installed with Martin Logan Stage-X, Martin Logan Theos x2, Martin Logan FX x 2, Sonance VP69 x2, Sonance VP66 x 4, Dish 722k, Palliser recliners and two Great Dane dog beds.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #124 on: Yesterday at 09:01:45 AM »
Late to the 4K party, so virtually all of my shiny's so far are Blu-Ray, but I previously bought 4 Blu-Rays that included 4K discs in the package, so those will be first up:  Battleship, Bladerunner 2049, Guardians of the Galaxy 2,  and Passengers.  Happy to see that two of them are on Craig's short list.   👍

Is 4K movie streaming a decent approximation of the disc experience, and are any of the 4K streaming services clearly better than others?

I really like all three of those. Haven't seen Battleship.  Can't say regarding streaming.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:30am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

Go Up