AVS Discussions
  Go Down

MultEQ editor app

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
MultEQ editor app
« on: April 15, 2019, 01:46:56 PM »
Wasn't quite sure if this is the right spot for this but putting it here.  If you use the MultEQ editor app on iOS or Android with your Denon or Marantz receiver there is an update out today that gets rid of the 20Hz rolloff on the sub channels.  There was speculation it would be switchable like the mid-range compensation dip, but instead they just completely got rid of the rolloff altogether so the sub curve is just like the ones in the AVR's now.
LG 65" CX OLED | Denon AVR-X4500H | Panasonic UB820 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K

Re: MultEQ editor app
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 05:50:13 PM »
Thanks for the info on the update

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 05:02:50 PM »
I don't know what took me so long, but I just started using the MultEQ Editor with my X8500. I can't seem to find answers to a couple of questions.

1 - I have used Custom Amp Assign when using Audyssey on the X8500 itself to turn off the internal amps for use with my Parasound amp. The app recognized that I'm using 13 channels and the speaker configuration. Does it remember the previous amp assign settings ?

2 - What's the current consensus whether to use Mid Range Compensation ? Didn't have that choice in the receiver.

3 - Same question with limiting filter response to 500Hz - saw that in a video that was recommended.

4 - Any other tips using the app ? Thanks in advance.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 10:22:16 PM »
I don't know what took me so long, but I just started using the MultEQ Editor with my X8500. I can't seem to find answers to a couple of questions.

1 - I have used Custom Amp Assign when using Audyssey on the X8500 itself to turn off the internal amps for use with my Parasound amp. The app recognized that I'm using 13 channels and the speaker configuration. Does it remember the previous amp assign settings ?

2 - What's the current consensus whether to use Mid Range Compensation ? Didn't have that choice in the receiver.

3 - Same question with limiting filter response to 500Hz - saw that in a video that was recommended.

4 - Any other tips using the app ? Thanks in advance.
1.  Yes, in fact the AMP ASSIGN must be set using the AVR's on board setting.   The app simply allows for individual speaker selection based on the AMP ASSIGN setting.
2.  Personal preference, but if limited the EQ to 500Hz and lower (as some do), then it's a moot point.
3.  Personal preference; however, majority of EQ occurs below 500Hz.

Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 8am - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal