• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Bohemian Rhapsody 4K Blu-ray
« on: February 18, 2019, 05:06:05 PM »
Bohemian Rhapsody 4K Blu-ray

Video - 9.75
Audio - 9.75
Movie - 9.5

I'd been looking forward to this film for some time. It finally arrived last week, ad we screened it Sat. night for a packed to the gills theater. Even friends that had seen this in a commercial theater before couldn't wait to see it in our theater. All I can say is this is a great film, and Rami Malek's performance is amazing. I know some have criticized some things being out of order time wise, and a few parts being fictionalized. This isn't a documentary - it's a movie, and I thought it worked extremely well. Everyone absolutely loved this film ! Going to watch it again soon!

The picture quality is excellent for the most part. Nothing much to nitpick here. The final " Live Aid " concert scenes are stunning.

Audio - the Dolby Atmos sound track rocks! I have " Queen - Live in Montreal " on Blu-ray. I'd say the concert footage on this sounds better. The movie sounded so good we watched  "The Complete Live Aid Movie Performance " extra right afterwards, cranked to reference levels ( 80 ) and it rocked the theater !

Screen shots to follow.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 05:12:56 PM by AVSCraig »
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody 4K Blu-ray
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »
I posted this a little while ago, on the '4k Movies you own or must have thread: I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread already, but I just watched Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time, and it was just incredible!  The music was spectacular, totally immersive, crystal clear, room-thumping bass, and was as close to being present in a concert environment as I've experienced. I thought the movie itself was also tremendous - deeply moving. This is the type of movie that we create our Home Theaters to experience! Agree with you completely!

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal