Go Down

Ac Infinity Aircom Series Component Cooling Fans

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« on: January 21, 2019, 04:54:12 PM »

I decided to post this here since these fans are for cooling receivers, amplifiers etc. I currently have two Aircom T10 units like Mike has installed. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
Re: Ac Infinity Aircom Series Component Cooling Fans
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 04:57:04 PM »
These fan units are extremely well built. They fit on my Denon X8500H and Parasound A 52+ amp like they are designed by the same companies. 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 04:59:49 PM »
The various programming features, fan speeds, the fact you can turn off the lighted display ( and turn it on again at the touch of a button to check things ) - it's all super well thought out.

I highly recommend these. The cleanest cooling fan system I've ever seen. I'm very happy !

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 01:17:07 PM »
Yes, nice little unit. I have my equipment in a mechanical room, so leave the display on all the time. I have checked the temperature after running system for 6 hours and max temp was 80 degrees. Another cool feature, you can add USB fans to it, since has connections for them on the back. Allows you to place some additional fans in your rack if needed.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 04:36:07 AM »
One issue with using AC Infinity S/T cooling units (especially with Denon and Marantz models) that I just realized is the fact that the hottest part of the AVR/AVP is the video card which is generally located in the back left of the AVR/AVP; however, the probe on the AC Infinity S/T models is located about 3" back from the front center.  As a result while you may have the thermostat set for 85F, it's measuring the front of the AVR/AVP while the back side of the unit is still at least 10-15F warmer and at least 95F.
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 11:30:12 AM »
i just have mine come on whenever my denon is on in use. no issues

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 02:47:20 PM »
One issue with using AC Infinity S/T cooling units (especially with Denon and Marantz models) that I just realized is the fact that the hottest part of the AVR/AVP is the video card which is generally located in the back left of the AVR/AVP; however, the probe on the AC Infinity S/T models is located about 3" back from the front center.  As a result while you may have the thermostat set for 85F, it's measuring the front of the AVR/AVP while the back side of the unit is still at least 10-15F warmer and at least 95F.

I re-set the thermostats to 78 degrees. I might even set them lower. Of course now that I have the A 52+ amp taking some load off the X8500, the X8500 doesn't seem to go above 77 degrees.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 10:47:06 AM »
I just ordered one of these for my Marantz SR6011. I noticed it was getting extremely hot on top even though my equipment rack is open on all sides. The Marantz is being used to power my rear 2 channels and 4 atmos speakers. By comparison, my Emotiva XPA-5 is barely warm even after a long watching session.
Theater Equipment list:
JVC RS3000, Panamorph Paladin DCR, 138" Elite 2:35:1 Screen, Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV Genie, Marantz SR-6011, Emotiva XPA-5 Mains: Paradigm Prestige 85F, Center: Paradigm Prestige 55C, Sides: Paradigm Prestige 15B, Rears: Paradigm Atom V6 Atmos: Paradigm P65-R Sub: Rhythmik FV18 Monster Power HTS-5100, GIK Acoustic Room Treatments

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 11:15:25 AM »
I just ordered one of these for my Marantz SR6011. I noticed it was getting extremely hot on top even though my equipment rack is open on all sides. The Marantz is being used to power my rear 2 channels and 4 atmos speakers. By comparison, my Emotiva XPA-5 is barely warm even after a long watching session.

Having a fan of some sort certainly helps ! And having these with a thermostat is even better than just a fan, since you can actually see how hot your gear is getting. Mine are staying surprisingly cool.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal