AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Yamaha 3060 Dual HDMI's not working at same time

Yamaha 3060 Dual HDMI's not working at same time
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:07:01 PM »
Basically just looking to play music through my sony 4k player ( cd sacd etc) connected to yamaha A3060 without turning on my projector. problem is I can't get it to work.

settings: HDMI control is set to off & zone 2 HDMI set to main zone view. So basically I should be able to view same input from both HDMI output 1 & 2 on the yamaha.

scenarios: TV plugged into HDMI 2 only- picture and music play
TV plugged into HDMI 2 and projector plugged into HDMI 1 - does not work. no picture no audio from player
TV plugged into HDMI 1 only- everything works fine
TV plugged into HDMI 1 and Projector into HDMI 2- does not work

so it seems whenever the projector is plugged in to either HDMI input at the same time, It will not work for some reason. Am I still missing something here?

cables used. mono price premium certified from player to receiver. and from receiver to TV
Celerity 30ft. cable from receiver to projector

I wonder if the celerity fiber cable with HDMI adapter is causing this. any input appreciated.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
Re: Yamaha 3060 Dual HDMI's not working at same time
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
Are both the PJ and the TV the same resolution (ie. both 4k or both 1080p)?  You may need to add a 3rd party device (eg. HDMI Detective).
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 03:04:02 PM »
no the TV is just 1080. but taking the Tv out of the equation. with just only projector plugged in and turned off I still get no audio whatsoever.
do you think thats the reason why hooking TV into HDMI 2 and playing cd with projector unplugged everything works
As soon as I plug projector into HDMI 1 ( leaving projector turned off) the picture on TV reads "no signal" and all audio stops.

i guess I can still hook up a small tv into output 2 and then whenever I want to play music just unplug the projector.
wonder if the HDMI adapter on the end of the celerity fiber cable is doing this?

I've contacted yamaha several times but to no avail- they seem stumped as well.

I have another setup that also has a yamaha receiver with Oppo 103 player and TV. I never have to turn on the Tv to listen to any cd or sacd.

claw

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 12:29:34 PM »
There have been reports of issues with using fiber in a dual display setup in the HDfury threads at AVSforum.   

I would try a test without the fiber if that is at all possible.

JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 08:22:36 AM »
There have been reports of issues with using fiber in a dual display setup in the HDfury threads at AVSforum.   

I would try a test without the fiber if that is at all possible.

I believe it is the fiber cable or the cable using an HDMI adapter.  As soon as I unplug the celerity cable I am able to just pop in a disc and play music.  when I plug the fiber cable back in it cuts off the audio. I guess from now on I just have to unplug it whenever I want to listen to any music on this particular system. I guess I shouldn't be too upset. I bought the cable so I could watch movies successfully, and it has done just that without issues. No other option for now since I need at least 35ft. run to projector. And fiber fits the bill.

claw

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »
I believe a similar discussion took place on one of the HDfury threads.   But since it could have been either the Integral thread or the Vertex thread it could take some time to search.     I can't recall if it was determined whether an HDfury device would help or not.

An HDfury Vertex might help but you would only be using one of the HDMI outputs.

I have a Denon AVR that has 3 HDMI outputs, two main that can be both active and one zone HDMI.   Even with two simultaneous main outputs, the AVR will output the lowest common denominator format to both.   So with my 1080P TV and JVC RS500 projector, it would output 1080P to both when both are turned on.   (If you have a Sony TV it can be worse since some Sony's insist on HDMI handshaking even when turned off)

I place a Vertex after my Denon.    I have one Vertex output passing full 4K to the RS500 projector.   I have the other output (down scale to 1080P) connected to my 1080P TV.

With this configuration I can have either or both displays active.    (But I am not using a fiber optic cable.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:03:07 PM by cjake »
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 02:38:18 PM »
I think I just may get a very small cheap monitor and connect to HDMI output 2 just to use to navigate blu-ray audio / DVDA menus for music. I have easy access to back of receiver so I will just leave it unplugged. when I want to listen to music I'll just plug it in and unplug the projector cable.  This was my goal all along ( without the plugging and unplugging of course).

I have another system I use a lot for music as well, but the home theater is the better room, size wise and acoustically. So I'd like to use that as well.
Don't really want to buy any extra gear for this purpose. was hoping just to keep it simple.
yamaha e-mailed me back again today, not really helpful but at least they got back to me,  this is their response:
HDMI is designed and made for video integration.  Some devices have issues if TV are not connected or turned on.  It is up to the player to pass the audio, there is nothing that can be done on the receiver side

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal