AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC screen code for v6 fabric?

JVC screen code for v6 fabric?
« on: May 22, 2018, 08:36:58 PM »
Does anyone have thoughts on which, if any, screen code would be used in a JVC DLA-RSxxx projector with this fabric?

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: JVC screen code for v6 fabric?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 12:20:23 PM »
Does anyone have thoughts on which, if any, screen code would be used in a JVC DLA-RSxxx projector with this fabric?

I've had two highly respected calibrators tell me to not use screen codes in my projectors - just FYI !
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 02:07:03 PM »
We have never considered contacting JVC to be included in their database, but I agree with Craigs calibrator for sure - an offset should not be used nor be required as the fabric should be D65 neutral to begin with. The UltraWeave tracks D65 almost perfectly - we have used a lot of resourced hitting that point as perfect as is possible so that corrections due to inherent colour shifts from the fabrics is avoided thus ensuring a maximum level of D65 calibrated light. That said; every projector needs calibration to perform at its most optimal level! :)
Proudly Representing DreamScreen.no // ScreenAcoustics.com // AT screens & more!

Founder AVforum.no // Norway´s leading AV community since 2002

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 02:27:56 PM »
Yep, the calibration would be for the projector, not the V6 fabric.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 06:43:12 PM »

I recently tested a large sample of the V6 material and I concur with the advice others provided here - I do not see any color shift that would be worth trying to account for with this screen.  That said, it may be a good idea for Dreamscreen to have JVC add it to the database/options, so that users can select it and feel better about it, even if the amount of shift it actually applies was minuscule. That's sometimes easier that leaving the end user wondering. :)

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 11:48:56 PM »
I recently tested a large sample of the V6 material and I concur with the advice others provided here - I do not see any color shift that would be worth trying to account for with this screen.  That said, it may be a good idea for Dreamscreen to have JVC add it to the database/options, so that users can select it and feel better about it, even if the amount of shift it actually applies was minuscule. That's sometimes easier that leaving the end user wondering. :)

I've had two well known calibrators in my theater - both of them recommended not using the screen settings. Just FYI !
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 03:12:45 PM »
I've had two well known calibrators in my theater - both of them recommended not using the screen settings. Just FYI !

If you are going to calibrate, you definitely do not use those settings. As for V6, it is very neutral, so no correction is needed.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal