Go Down

A perspective from "the wife"

AVSLaurie

• AVS Leader of the pack
  • Learning something new always makes for a good day
    • AV Science, Inc.
A perspective from "the wife"
« on: March 05, 2018, 12:03:40 PM »
I will be the first to admit that I am not an audiophile or a videophile, I just like to watch movies and not have my ear drums blown out at the same time. But my beloved husband falls into both these categories and I have to tell you, I usually just don't get it.  For example, I have a small Denon CD player set up in my living room that I like to turn on when I am cleaning; yesterday, husband walks in and asks it he can move the speakers around a bit, "Sure!" I tell him.  A few minutes later he says to me, "can you hear how much better they sound now?"  I stopped, I listened ... nope, no difference to my ears and I tell him as much.  He then looks at me like I am obviously impaired.  I see the distress on his face and because I don't want to put him in that place, I squint my eyes like I am listening REALLY hard this time and then say to him, "you know, I think it is a little better, definitely more base coming through."  His little face lights up and on his merry way he goes.  So I guess the moral of this story is this; guys, don't think your wives (or significant others) are insensitive to your passion for this hobby, we truly just don't get it.  But, we do get you, and because we love you, we have no problem going along for the ride.   ;) 
Friday Flash Sale Promos are valid for one week, unless limited by product availability. Call us for more information at 877-823-4452 or visit us at
AV Science.com

Re: A perspective from "the wife"
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 02:58:01 AM »

Hah!

I have two boys and no daughters.  My wife is always saying that she's "tired of being the sole voice of reason in the house".
Avoid Wikipedia.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal