Go Down

The Dark Knight Rises 4k UHD

bmoney

The Dark Knight Rises 4k UHD
« on: January 08, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »
Picture 8.5/10
Sound 9/10
Movie 9/10

Well this is great and not so great. The Imax scenes are unreal and probably the best i have seen (along with Dunkirk and Revenant) in my theater. But the non imax are a mixed bag.  they have elevated black levels, and just not as crisp and dynamic of a picture...too bad cause this thing has unreal scenes.....I hear The Dark Knight is a step ahead of this one...but its on backorder...so Im waiting on it to compare

(pictures taken with iphone 6)

Also as a movie I think we have all seen it...I like it alot just not as much as The Dark Knight

Sound was awesome as alwaysbut loses a point for not being remixed in 3d sound

buy for sure
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: The Dark Knight Rises 4k UHD
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 01:34:08 PM »
Picture 8.5/10
Sound 9/10
Movie 9/10

Well this is great and not so great. The Imax scenes are unreal and probably the best i have seen (along with Dunkirk and Revenant) in my theater. But the non imax are a mixed bag.  they have elevated black levels, and just not as crisp and dynamic of a picture...too bad cause this thing has unreal scenes.....I hear The Dark Knight is a step ahead of this one...but its on backorder...so Im waiting on it to compare

Also as a movie I think we have all seen it...I like it alot just not as much as The Dark Knight

Sound was awesome as alwaysbut loses a point for not being remixed in 3d sound

buy for sure

High Def Digest put this as one of the top tier 4K Blu-rays - " Overall, this 2160p video ranks as one of the best-looking 4K HDR presentations ever, along with The Revenant, Hacksaw Ridge and Planet Earth II. ".

I'll chime in after I watch it - haven't had a chance. I'm way behind on 4K catalog titles.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

bmoney

Re: The Dark Knight Rises 4k UHD
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 04:48:35 PM »
High Def Digest put this as one of the top tier 4K Blu-rays - " Overall, this 2160p video ranks as one of the best-looking 4K HDR presentations ever, along with The Revenant, Hacksaw Ridge and Planet Earth II. ".

I'll chime in after I watch it - haven't had a chance. I'm way behind on 4K catalog titles.

Like I said. At its best (IMAX scenes ) for me they are up there as bet I've seen. It's a shame the rest isn't as good.  It's not terrible by any means. But defiantly sad it all can't be that good. So loses a point and a half for me
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Go Up