AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Whats the last Bluray you watched?

claw

Re: Whats the last Bluray you watched?
« Reply #375 on: January 26, 2018, 01:59:09 PM »
You can get three UHD discs from Amazon for $49.99.  Selection is limited but the three Nolan Batman titles are included.  I have not viewed any of them before so getting them at less than $17 each seemed a no brainer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/promotion/A34G350J7WWNDX
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #376 on: January 26, 2018, 02:09:23 PM »
That's a great deal. Too bad I already have pretty much all of those that I want.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #377 on: January 26, 2018, 02:17:28 PM »
Watched the Danish WW2 film " Land Of Mine " last night with some friends. An excellent thriller based on real events. Great film ! Intense ! Recommended if you like interesting personal films about WW2 from the European perspective.

http://www.blu-ray.com/Land-of-Mine/596489/#Review

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2018, 06:57:33 PM »
A few new Blu-rays arrived today -

« Reply #379 on: February 12, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »
I've watched it before, but not since I did some reworking of my custom gamma curves, but we played Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 4k/HDR last night with some friends, and I was blown away!  The level of detail available throughout, both in normally lit scenes as well as in darker more shadowy scenes was spectacular, and oh my, the colors in the various space scenes and other pyrotechnics!!  Definitely 'out of this world'!!  And the Atmos sound track was most immersive as well.

Our friends were similarly blown away!!  And what a fun movie - a thoroughly enjoyable evening in every respect.

« Reply #380 on: February 12, 2018, 08:45:12 AM »
I watched Logan Lucky this weekend. I was blown away by the picture quality.  A film that didn't have anything in the way of CGI, the intermediate was 4k and so we have a true 4k disc. 

The performances and plot were very good.  The movie has a bit of a laid back feel to it (despite it being a heist film) that seemed to fit well with its setting and the plot is clever enough to keep you engaged and the ending is satisfying.

Highly recommended.
JVC-RS4500 4k projector, Lumagen Pro, ST130 138" scope screen,
Panasonic DMP-UB900 & Plex Media Server
Classe SSP-800, Bryston amplification, Wilson Audio speakers (7.2) + Buttkickers.

« Reply #381 on: February 12, 2018, 10:35:32 AM »
I watched Logan Lucky this weekend. I was blown away by the picture quality.  A film that didn't have anything in the way of CGI, the intermediate was 4k and so we have a true 4k disc. 

The performances and plot were very good.  The movie has a bit of a laid back feel to it (despite it being a heist film) that seemed to fit well with its setting and the plot is clever enough to keep you engaged and the ending is satisfying.

Highly recommended.

Have to agree with you on this one - watched this a couple of weeks ago, and your assessment is spot on.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #382 on: February 12, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »

Highly recommended.

I'm looking forward to watching this again - I think it will be even better the 2nd time around. The picture is amazing - top tier 4K BR for sure.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #383 on: February 12, 2018, 11:16:45 AM »
I've watched it before, but not since I did some reworking of my custom gamma curves, but we played Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 4k/HDR last night with some friends, and I was blown away!  The level of detail available throughout, both in normally lit scenes as well as in darker more shadowy scenes was spectacular, and oh my, the colors in the various space scenes and other pyrotechnics!!  Definitely 'out of this world'!!  And the Atmos sound track was most immersive as well.

Our friends were similarly blown away!!  And what a fun movie - a thoroughly enjoyable evening in every respect.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is hilarious - there are more one liners in that movie than I can count !

« Reply #384 on: February 12, 2018, 01:01:28 PM »
I just have to say I cannot wait for Sicario 2 to come out!!!!!!!!!!
JVC RS4500 projector/LG 65B7P/LG 55B7P/ Pannasonic UB900/Oppo 203/Oppo 103D/Apple tv 4K
St 130 138" scope screen
Marantz 7704 /Integra DTA 70.1
7.2.2 Atmos

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #385 on: February 12, 2018, 01:26:52 PM »
I just have to say I cannot wait for Sicario 2 to come out!!!!!!!!!!

I loved Sicario ! #2 hopefully will be just as good !

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2018, 02:48:52 PM »
I watched " Spectre " last night on Blu-ray. It looked pretty darn good on the RS4500 / Paladin DCR lens combo, despite being spoiled by 4K lately. this was a special request - a " James Bond Martini Movie Night " last night, with vodka martinis ( shaken, not stirred ) followed by chocolate martinis. Packed house, and everybody loved it ! Quite a few martini glasses to clean this morning though !

jive turkey

• The same clown from AVSForum
« Reply #387 on: June 07, 2018, 08:46:17 PM »
I want to not have to work for a living and hang out at Craig's!

Okay....back to reality.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #388 on: June 07, 2018, 10:03:11 PM »
I want to not have to work for a living and hang out at Craig's!

Okay....back to reality.

I pull these movie parties ( and other parties ) off after work. You just need to live closer ! I call it " Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy ".  ;D

« Reply #389 on: November 11, 2018, 09:28:12 PM »
I just watched Hugo tonight.  I was shocked by how good it looked.  Exceptionally sharp and detailed, wonderfully saturated colors, excellent detail for both shadow and highlights.  I could have been convinced it was 4k if I didn't know better.

And the soundtrack was just as impressive.  Lots of music, which sounded incredibly real and natural, along with well defined sound effects and low frequency depth when the scene needed it.

The story was also quite good, with a very 'magical' quality.  Great family movie as well.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal