AVS Discussions

General => Home theater humor => Topic started by: HomeTheaterGuy on May 18, 2026, 09:12:04 AM

Title: Movie poster dilemma
Post by: HomeTheaterGuy on May 18, 2026, 09:12:04 AM
The Poster Dilemma: 
Putting up gorgeous Marvel and Star Wars movie posters, only to realize they bounce sound exactly where acoustic panels are needed.
Title: Re: Movie poster dilemma
Post by: David Vaughn on May 18, 2026, 10:26:12 AM
The Poster Dilemma:
Putting up gorgeous Marvel and Star Wars movie posters, only to realize they bounce sound exactly where acoustic panels are needed.
That's why the two "posters" I have in my room are actually acoustic panels covered by fabric that has the movie posters printed on them. There is a thread over at AVS Forums discussing this. I want to say I built my panels 10-12 years ago, if memory recalls. 
Title: Re: Movie poster dilemma
Post by: SRW1000 on May 18, 2026, 08:12:56 PM
Yep, canvas frames are what you're looking for, like David said.

Or, move the posters outside the entrance to the theater.  I opted for that solution, using a TV as a makeshift electronic poster.  Not only can I display nearly any poster ever released, I can also display custom greetings for our guests, like these:

(https://i.imgur.com/DhDg26c.png)

It's hard to see on the reduced image, but the marquee shows the name of the movie and our guests, which is on a slideshow along with the movie poster and the Now Showing title.

I'd like to upgrade to Samsung's The Frame, but the control box is obnoxious and would look out of place.
Title: Re: Movie poster dilemma
Post by: bmoney on May 19, 2026, 06:17:32 AM
That's why the two "posters" I have in my room are actually acoustic panels covered by fabric that has the movie posters printed on them. There is a thread over at AVS Forums discussing this. I want to say I built my panels 10-12 years ago, if memory recalls.
This is the way
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal