AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Anamorphic Lenses

Re: Anamorphic Lenses
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 10:04:03 PM »
Have you asked Shawn at Panamorph ? Send him an email - maybe he has replacements. shawn@panamorph.com

Craig,
...i tried to email Shawn but it did not go through...i called Panamorph and left a message...

Thanks for the advise.

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 10:06:05 PM »
What about using a universal remote? I use a Harmony to move my lens in and out of place.

Mike,
...i first am trying to contact Shawn as Craig suggested at Panamorph...trying to use a Harmony
would be, for me, like teaching an old dog new tricks!...i wouldn't know where to program the
Harmony.

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 05:38:57 PM »
I connected with Shawn at Panamorph and it seems it isn't a simple matter of replacing the remote.
I have to return the entire lens with remote for repair ($350.00).  I've decided to do that but it's a
big pain to do so.  I'm waiting for the OPPO 205 to purchase and I'm sure that the repair and return
will be well after the OPPO arrives (hopefully, the Oppo arrives!).  I informed Shawn that I do not have
any boxes to return the unit and asked for his advice; (am awaiting a reply).

Gosh, this whole 4k/lens scene is a stress.  I probably will not be able to connect the returned lens to the JVC projector because I'm having surgery on April 13th and will not be able to lift the projector from it's stand, install the lens and return the whole thing to the stand for some time.

AVSMike

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 06:33:51 PM »
Sorry to hear. Too far away from you to help. :(
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 09:31:04 PM »
Mike,

...as always...you are a great help and I appreciate it very much.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
If you were in Northern CA I could help. Alas, you are 6+ hours away. Can you use the projector without the lens ?
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 09:04:28 PM »
Mike and Craig,

I mustered up enough energy to get the darn thing packed and took it to UPS
today!  Now I think I'll get in bed!

...about using the projector without the lens...I never had any intention of purchasing
the JVC without the Panamorph anamorphic lens for all the reasons that this type of
lens can do.  I've got a great image on my Carada Masquerade screen (constant 2.39:1
ratio) and can't live without it.  It's also very dramatic to have the motorized sides go
in and out for the different ratio programs.  I was born in the Bronx, NY and had 12, count
'em, 12 local movie houses that I could walk to from our apartment and, boy, did I live in
almost all of them at one time or another.  Back then, masking and curtain opening/closing
was an art form even in second/third run theaters and the dimming of the theater lights
and the opening of the curtains as the studio trade mark appeared on the screen was
something to behold and remember.  None of these theaters have made it past the 60's
when they were either turned in to churches, drug stores and such, or totally demolished.
There are a few web sites that I visit occasionally that have photos of the theaters of yesteryear.

So many people want to share their memories of the "old" days and two of the sites actually have photos
of these great movie palaces.   

Thanks for your concern.
Ed
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:19:26 PM by ed weinman »

AVSMike

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2018, 10:40:49 AM »
Since we would like for more people to be able to see the benefit of using a Panamorph anamorphic lens, we have set it up so that you can buy the lens, use it for two weeks and be able to return the lens, paying a 10% restocking fee. If anybody would like to try out one of these A-lens, give us a call.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal