AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Mike Garrett has retired!

AVSLaurie

  • AVS Leader of the pack
  • *****
  • 435
  • Learning something new always makes for a good day
    • AV Science, Inc.
Mike Garrett has retired!
« on: April 01, 2026, 08:09:05 AM »
Well, today it is official, Mike has retired. I am incredibly grateful to him for all the years of hard work, support and knowledge that he has given to AVS and our customers. I wish him and Lee all the happiness they can handle now that he doesn't have to have his cell phone glued to his hip. :-*

Thanks Mike, we are definitely going to miss you.

Friday Flash Sale Promos are valid for one week, unless limited by product availability. Call us for more information at 877-823-4452 or visit us at
AV Science.com

Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2026, 11:36:31 AM »
Well, today it is official, Mike has retired. I am incredibly grateful to him for all the years of hard work, support and knowledge that he has given to AVS and our customers. I wish him and Lee all the happiness they can handle now that he doesn't have to have his cell phone glued to his hip. :-*

Thanks Mike, we are definitely going to miss you.
As someone who retired last June, welcome to the club Mike! I used to be on the phone hours per day and now my phone rarely rings other than for spam calls or the occasional call from former colleagues. Enjoy all the free time!
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Former writer for Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2026, 01:34:06 PM »
congrats!!  only 12 more years for me lol
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

SRW1000

  • *****
  • 1569
    • Watch Youthman's tour of my home theater
Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2026, 07:14:26 PM »
Congratulations and best wishes, Mike!
My Room:  26’-1” X 17’-4” X 10’
Equipment:  Monolith HTP-1 feeding X7 and X9 amps, JVC RS3100, Elite Screens 135"", JBL Studio 590 for L, C, R, W, R, 580s for sides and four SCS8 for tops, JTR Captivator 1400 x 4, Panny DP-UB420K, Toshiba HD-A35. Nvidia Shield, Sonos Connect, MX-780 remote

See Youthman's actual tour of my room here: https://youtu.be/PHEaG2xKVhg

Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2026, 11:38:50 PM »
Wow, congrats Mike!

I'm also recently retired, just over a year. A bit earlier than planned but all good, and enjoying being a man of leisure - and A/V toys. ::)

Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2026, 11:56:55 AM »
Wow, congrats Mike!

I'm also recently retired, just over a year. A bit earlier than planned but all good, and enjoying being a man of leisure - and A/V toys. ::)
Same with me...about 18 months earlier than initially planned, but luckily, I saved for that contingency. Now I have a serious vision problem, I just can't see myself ever going to work again :D
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Former writer for Sound & Vision Magazine

  Go Up
 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal