AVS Discussions
  Go Down

2017 Denon AVR Owner's thread (S730H/S930H/X1400H/X2400H/X3400H/X4400H/X6400H)

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
The Denon X1400H and X2400H units arrived today into our warehouse.  Call for pricing and feature questions to determine which model best fits your requirements.

These models are the upgrades to the S730H and S930H respectively and include an extra year of warranty, Zone 2 pre-outs (required if you want to run 7.1 + Zone 2), and also the better version of Audyssey MultEQ XT.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:24:38 PM by AVSjd »
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
The latest firmware update to the HEOS app now allows for Network Sharing in which you can stream audio from a PC, MAC, or NAS Drive to HEOS speakers or to one of these new "H" series AVR models.  :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 02:15:14 AM by AVSjd »
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
The X3400H is scheduled to be released next week.   AVS is taking pre-orders now.  If interested, please call for pricing.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
The second shipment of X3400H units has arrived and now available for purchase.   Call for pricing which includes UPS Ground shipping.

We carry the X1400H and X2400H models as well.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:10:44 AM by AVSjd »

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
Our first shipment of the new Denon X6400H 11CH AVRs arrives this Friday, August 18.  Call for pricing if interested.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
Our first shipment of Denon X4400H units is expected this Wednesday.  Pre-orders will go first.  Call for pricing info if interested.  As of Wednesday, we will have all of the 2017 "X" series models in stock and ready to ship.  Price includes UPS Ground shipping.

claw

Our first shipment of the new Denon X6400H 11CH AVRs arrives this Friday, August 18.  Call for pricing if interested.
Do this year's models include Dolby Vision pass through or will they get it in a firmware update?   Will the 2016 x6300h get a DV firmware update?

I assume this year's models won't be upgradable to HDMI 2.1 when it is finalized.
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Regarding HDMI 2.1 -

" Originally Posted by TL5  View Post
Will HDMI 2.1 be incorporated in projectors this fall?
For TL5 - HDMI 2.1 will be the future, but not the immediate future, and certainly not this fall - the chipsets for portable test gear is still not available so we do not expect 48 Gbps inputs for quite a while. "

It could be a couple of years away.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
Do this year's models include Dolby Vision pass through or will they get it in a firmware update?   Will the 2016 x6300h get a DV firmware update?

I assume this year's models won't be upgradable to HDMI 2.1 when it is finalized.

1.  Yes, however, the HLG update will come via firmware later this year.
2.  Yes, the 2016 models will get both the DV + HLG updates via firmware later this year.
3.  Correct.  HDMI 2.1 is a hardware upgrade which also requires a new HDMI cable as well.  We won't see HDMI 2.1 AVRs until the 2018 models are released.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
The new DTS Virtual:X firmware update should be released this month for the X3400H and lower models.  This features simulates height audio when there are no height speakers configured when playing DTS audio.  The X4400H/X6400H aren't scheduled to get the update until next spring.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
AVScience is currently in negotiation with Auro Technologies to purchase a bulk order of Auro 3D Demo Discs Vol 2. Once received (which may be awhile as they are currently out of stock), we will provide a disc free of charge to all customers who have already purchased or plan on purchasing a 2017 Auro 3D capable Denon/Marantz model (ie. X4400H/X6400H/8500H) from AV Science. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 07:09:37 AM by AVSjd »

claw

Question about Heos.

So currently I am able to use the Heos App on my iOS device to control streaming music from tunein and other supported services on my x6400h feeding 7.2.2 speakers.

If I purchase wireless Heos Speakers and place them around the home, can I have my AVR and wireless Heos speakers playing the same music source simultaneously?

Do I control that from the Heos App?  Send to multiple Heos devices (AVR and wireless speakers)?  Or does the AVR output to the wireless speakers?

Also, any chance the Sonos lawsuit will result in Denon abandoning Heos and leave us with unusable Heos speakers?
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
Question about Heos.

So currently I am able to use the Heos App on my iOS device to control streaming music from tunein and other supported services on my x6400h feeding 7.2.2 speakers.

If I purchase wireless Heos Speakers and place them around the home, can I have my AVR and wireless Heos speakers playing the same music source simultaneously?

Do I control that from the Heos App?  Send to multiple Heos devices (AVR and wireless speakers)?  Or does the AVR output to the wireless speakers?

Also, any chance the Sonos lawsuit will result in Denon abandoning Heos and leave us with unusable Heos speakers?

Yes.  The AVR is considered a HEOS speaker as well and could be grouped with other HEOS speakers in the home to play the same audio.  You would do so from the HEOS app.  You can also stream 2CH sources connected to the AVR to the HEOS speakers as well, again using the app.

Unknown as to what will happen as a result of the Sonos lawsuit, although likely a payment of royalties to Sonos.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
Denon has a special going now thru June ... purchase a 2017 AVR and receive a HEOS 5 wireless speaker (MSRP $399) for only an additional $199.  Call for pricing and availability on one of the "X" series models.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:46:07 AM by AVSjd »

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
These 2017 models thru are now on clearance.   Call for pricing.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal