AVS Discussions
  Go Down

2017 Denon AVR Owner's thread (S730H/S930H/X1400H/X2400H/X3400H/X4400H/X6400H)

Does anyone have any firmware for Denon AVR-S730H mine says update error 1102 I see if you press a couple of button on the front it says update by usb. Cant find firmware anywhere

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
Does anyone have any firmware for Denon AVR-S730H mine says update error 1102 I see if you press a couple of button on the front it says update by usb. Cant find firmware anywhere
As suggested in the article below, try using an ethernet cord instead of WiFi, otherwise the firmware is available on Denon's website.

https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3827/related/1

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 12:59:30 AM by AVSjd »
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

claw

So after posting I was happy with my X6400H and won't consider upgrading this year, it lost network connectivity.

A couple of days ago, can't be exact, I found the AVR reporting Update Complete.  I was confused as I thought I did not have it set to firmware auto-update.  I didn't think anything more of it at the time.

Today I decided to use Air Play from my iPhone to play music to the AVR.  Apple Music did not list the AVR.  I brought up the Denon App on my iPad and it did not see the AVR.

I went into Network settings and found it defaulted to WiFi which I have never configured on the AVR.  I tried to change to Ethernet but it reported that I need to connect a LAN cable.

I went back to try WiFi and it could not find my network or any of my neighbors' networks.

I checked the DHCP setting and it was turned off.  If I turned it ON, exited, and returned, it was back to Off.

I decided to try a Network reset.  It got up to and became stuck on Assigning Network.  Now any restart resulted in the stuck Assigning Network. 

I did not see any option of microprocessor reset so decided I had to do a full factory setting reset.

Once that completed, I once again had network connectivity. 

I then let it update the firmware.  It appeared to complete, but then it again reported stuck at Assigning Network.

So it looks like I will have to restore to factory settings and stay at that level of firmware for now.

Update:  I tried again.  This time; restore to factory settings and immediately allow a firmware update to be downloaded and installed.  The update completed successfully and there is network connectivity.

But in my first attempt that failed, I loaded saved settings from a USB drive before attempting the firmware update that failed in Assigning Network.

This time I did not load saved settings but immediately updated firmware.  Now an attempt to load settings from the USB reports invalid or corrupt file.

So I wonder if there is some settings incompatibility that occurs with the latest firmware?

So now I have to complete the setup and do an Audyssey calibration.   I considered going back to factory firmware but then I would lose Auro-3D.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:42:36 PM by claw »
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

That sucks Claw, but at least you got it fixed and saved some $$$ on ordering new gear. Hopefully the calibration goes smoothly. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

claw

I have run Audyssey so many times over the years that I know exactly where to position the microphone for the 8 locations to get the result I am looking for.

Sounding great again.  7.2.4 for Atmos movies and 5.2.4 for music using Auro-3D.

Last but not least, I turned off Firmware Auto-Update.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:32:41 PM by claw »
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
So now I have to complete the setup and do an Audyssey calibration.  I considered going back to factory firmware but then I would lose Auro-3D.

Auro 3D was released on the X6400H from the factory.
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal