AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Barry

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
« on: February 22, 2023, 12:39:10 PM »
 I am glad I went to Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania with low expectations. As such, I enjoyed the movie, not expecting too much. For what it is, it just gets a “good” rating.

If you don’t follow the Marvel Universe, or you don’t care about purely sci-fi movies, this movie is NOT for you. However, if you ae a Marvel Movie fan you will probably enjoy this movie.

The premise is that Hank Pym and His family (Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, and Michelle Pfeiffer,) and Scott Lang and his daughter  (Paul Rudd and Kathryn Newton) are sucked into the microscopic Quantum Realm where they meet and battle, Kang the Conqueror, played by Jonathan Majors.  This happens in the first ten minutes of the movie, then the entire rest of the movie takes place in a computer-generated world. The visuals are overwhelming.  The movie, of course, lacks real logic, but becomes a fun ride if you like that sort of thing..

Kang the Conquer played by Majors and Michelle Pfeiffer are the stars of this movie. And who ever thought that at age 64 she would become an action-adventure star!

Kang, (created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby) originally introduced in Avengers #8 (1964) is a time traveler, who adopts many identities in travels. This is hinted here as he will become the new threat to appear in many Marvel movies.  Sadly, then, this movie at first seems self-contained, but if you view the two post credit scenes, we see, once again, the movie is just one piece to a jigsaw puzzle.

Also in the movie is M.O.D.O.K. (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing). First introduced as a villain for Captain America, he was also created by Lee and Kirby in Tales to Suspense #93 in 1967. His identity here is an interesting surprise.

So if you are into the Marvel Universe and want to see a completely computer generated movie, go and have a good time.  If not, stay home and see it in 4K.

McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 03:32:57 PM »
I am glad I went to Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania with low expectations. As such, I enjoyed the movie, not expecting too much. For what it is, it just gets a “good” rating.

If you don’t follow the Marvel Universe, or you don’t care about purely sci-fi movies, this movie is NOT for you. However, if you ae a Marvel Movie fan you will probably enjoy this movie.

The premise is that Hank Pym and His family (Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, and Michelle Pfeiffer,) and Scott Lang and his daughter  (Paul Rudd and Kathryn Newton) are sucked into the microscopic Quantum Realm where they meet and battle, Kang the Conqueror, played by Jonathan Majors.  This happens in the first ten minutes of the movie, then the entire rest of the movie takes place in a computer-generated world. The visuals are overwhelming.  The movie, of course, lacks real logic, but becomes a fun ride if you like that sort of thing..

Kang the Conquer played by Majors and Michelle Pfeiffer are the stars of this movie. And who ever thought that at age 64 she would become an action-adventure star!

Kang, (created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby) originally introduced in Avengers #8 (1964) is a time traveler, who adopts many identities in travels. This is hinted here as he will become the new threat to appear in many Marvel movies.  Sadly, then, this movie at first seems self-contained, but if you view the two post credit scenes, we see, once again, the movie is just one piece to a jigsaw puzzle.

Also in the movie is M.O.D.O.K. (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing). First introduced as a villain for Captain America, he was also created by Lee and Kirby in Tales to Suspense #93 in 1967. His identity here is an interesting surprise.

So if you are into the Marvel Universe and want to see a completely computer generated movie, go and have a good time.  If not, stay home and see it in 4K.
I'll wait to watch it at home. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 05:15:29 PM »
Thanks for another great writeup and perspective, Barry.

If my MCU fan friends see this in the theater soon I'll go along, sounds like it would be worth the largest screen possible as is usually the case with both comic & CGI movies, let alone one that combines both.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal