AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum
« on: February 13, 2023, 04:09:30 PM »

I am glad to become a member of this community. I have a question. Is a soundbar or speakers better for gaming? I never thought sound would be so important to me while playing games, but now that I spend much more time playing games on the computer, I want to have high-quality sound. I know very little about speakers and audio equipment; I've been reading helpful blog posts about speakers to inform myself, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:04:03 PM by Ava00 »

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
Re: Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 09:54:01 PM »
Welcome.

To me, good sound is good sound no matter if it's a Blu-ray movie, Network television, or gaming. That said, there are good-sounding soundbars and speakers and bad-sounding soundbars and speakers.

I would say that it comes down to budget, how much real estate in your room you are willing to dedicate to good sound, and also the other components you have to run the speakers, if any.

You might start by listing all your other gear.........TV or display, AVR (if you are using one), current speakers, etc. 

AVSJeff

• JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, Martin Logan & more.
  • THX Certified Home Theater Designer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 09:58:00 AM »
Welcome Ava00!

I concur with TrainH20.
Jeff Ripplinger
AV Science Sales
303-919-5775

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Screen Science, Seymour, Martin Logan, SVS, Triad and more

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 10:24:54 AM »
Welcome!

Connections will be different between a soundbar & speakers. Speakers usually require an A/V receiver in addition (unless you're looking at powered PC type speakers), to connect your gear to it. A soundbar usually is meant as a single box solution so will have that built in, so it's a more streamlined approach. You need to be sure whatever you're playing on (are you doing PC or console gaming?) will connect. 

bmoney

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 01:53:35 PM »
welcome aboard!
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600