Dream a Little Dream (Blu-ray) review

Dream a Little Dream (Blu-ray) review
« on: March 04, 2022, 07:18:06 PM »

Studio: Lionsgate
Release Date: March 15, 2022
Rating: PG-13
Film: 1/5

Plot
Bobby has everything a young guy should: a good buddy, a girlfriend, and parents who love him. When the older couple down the street try a transcendental experiment to extend their lives, they quite literally become trapped in the teen's bodies. This teen comedy has a great cast including the two Coreys – Corey Haim and Corey Feldman, as well as Harry Dean Stanton (Repo Man, Alien), Piper Laurie (Carrie), and Jason Robards (Magnolia).
My Thoughts
Released in theaters in 1989, this film stared two teens that had already made quite a name for themselves—Corey Haim and Corey Feldman. I honestly can’t remember ever hearing about the film, but I was a freshman in college at the time and had other things on my mind. That being said, I’m not sure I would have liked this film in 1988 because in 2022 it doesn’t hold up well at all. In fact, it’s so poorly conceived, acted, and edited, there’s virtually no reason to watch it other than to see a young Meredith Salenger show off her body (which is quite a sight to see).

Much like the film itself, the presentation doesn’t impress in either the video our audio department. In fact, the audio is pretty poor at times with unintelligible dialog and no dynamic range.

Video 3/5 (AVC)

Audio 2/5 (DTS-HD MA 2.0)

Special Features:
  • An Interview with Actor Corey Feldman
  • “When Lightning Strikes” – An interview with Executive Producer Lawrence Kasanoff
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • TV Spots
  • Stills Gallery
  • Blu-ray + Digital Copy

Conclusion
The two Coreys were arguably the most successful teen actors from the 1980s, but their fall from grace was swift and painful for the pair. Haim became addicted to drugs and died in 2010 of natural causes, but he abused his body for years and made multiple unsuccessful trips to rehab. Feldman is still around today but is more interested in exposing sexual predators than doing any acting. Frankly, I was never really impressed with either of them, but I’ve never been a 13-year-old girl, which is probably why. As a film, I’d definitely skip this one and go get a copy of The Lost Boys, arguably the best film the pair made together.

Reference Review System:
JVC DLA-RS2000 4K Ultra High-Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Portrait Displays CalMAN color calibration software & C6-HDR Meter from Portrait Displays)
Stewart Filmscreen - Firehawk 88” 16x9 Fixed Screen
Trinnov Altitude 16 Audio/Video Processor
ATI AT527NC Powering Bed Channels
ATI AT524NC Powering Atmos Speakers
Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
System Controller: URC MX-990
M&K S-150 THX Ultra (R-C-L Speakers)
M&K SS-150 x4 (Surround Speakers)
Atlantic Technology IC6-OBA x 4 Overhead Speakers
SVS PC-Ultra Cylinder Subwoofer
HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer
SVS SB-3000 Subwoofer
JL Audio Dominion F110 Subwoofer x 2
Mini DSP HD controlling all subwoofers
Audioquest and Monoprice - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling

PureAV PF60 Power Conditioner
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Re: Dream a Little Dream (Blu-ray) review
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 04:36:56 PM »
Greetings,

Thanks Dave. The press announcement alone was enough to make me pass on this. Glad I did..

Regards,

Re: Dream a Little Dream (Blu-ray) review
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 05:43:41 PM »
Greetings,

Thanks Dave. The press announcement alone was enough to make me pass on this. Glad I did..

Regards,
Ralph....arguably one of the worst movies I've EVER reviewed. It was BAAAAAAD!
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal