AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC NZ7 / RS2100 questions

JVC NZ7 / RS2100 questions
« on: February 23, 2022, 02:02:22 PM »
Hi, 

Appreciate any help on these questions related to JVC NZ7 / RS2100

1. 3D: 
Using JVC PL EM2 3D emitter and Xpand X105-RF-X1 3D glasses, not able to pair the 3D glasses with the emitter. 
How do I validate if projector is receiving a 3D signal ?
How do I check if PK EM2 emitter is working as expected ?
Any suggestions to pair the Xpand 3D glasses with the emitter PK EM2 ?

Followed the paring process by playing 3D video from Bluray player, press & hold the power button on the 3D glass, Red LED blinks for few seconds and shutdown without pairing.

2. Planning to use JVC autocal with Spyder X pro.v Do we need to calibrate HDR10+ picture mode or not needed ?

3. If I select the content to forcefully use HDR10+ for SDR content, the picture and colors are way off / indifferent. Is this expected ? 

Thanks for your inputs

Re: JVC NZ7 / RS2100 questions
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 02:38:19 PM »
Hi,

Appreciate any help on these questions related to JVC NZ7 / RS2100

1. 3D:
Using JVC PL EM2 3D emitter and Xpand X105-RF-X1 3D glasses, not able to pair the 3D glasses with the emitter.
How do I validate if projector is receiving a 3D signal ?
How do I check if PK EM2 emitter is working as expected ?
Any suggestions to pair the Xpand 3D glasses with the emitter PK EM2 ?

Followed the paring process by playing 3D video from Bluray player, press & hold the power button on the 3D glass, Red LED blinks for few seconds and shutdown without pairing.

2. Planning to use JVC autocal with Spyder X pro.v Do we need to calibrate HDR10+ picture mode or not needed ?

3. If I select the content to forcefully use HDR10+ for SDR content, the picture and colors are way off / indifferent. Is this expected ?

Thanks for your inputs

I have the same Xpand glasses and was able to pair them in a few seconds. I'd replug in the 3D emitter to ensure it's seated properly and try again. The power button on the glasses is a bit finicky as well. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 03:35:09 PM »
I have the same Xpand glasses and was able to pair them in a few seconds. I'd replug in the 3D emitter to ensure it's seated properly and try again. The power button on the glasses is a bit finicky as well.
Thank you ! I tried this, did not work. I suspect if PK EM2 is working or not or probably I am missing some setting in projector or bluray.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 04:58:49 PM »
Thank you ! I tried this, did not work. I suspect if PK EM2 is working or not or probably I am missing some setting in projector or bluray.
I would find it hard to believe that more than one pair of glasses weren't working. It leads me to believe it's the emitter. I think you posted this, but make sure there's a 3D Blu-ray playing when attempt you pair the glasses. No other setting should be needed in the JVC. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 04:59:42 PM »
It's been a few years but I think I recall having to check a menu setting on my JVC projector to enable the 3D sync. Looking quickly at the NZ7 manual online I see page 31 has info about this. You might want to set that option and then have an actual 3D movie playing. You'll see obviously if the image switches to 3D on screen. I'm not sure a sync signal will be present if it's not actively playing 3D content.

Hope that helps.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal