« on: December 23, 2021, 07:13:52 AM »
Movie

1.5/5

Sound

2/5

Picture

5/5

Well this is based on the HDR10 streaming version

Wow what a bad movie. It’s one of those let’s be nestalgic and oh I remember that! Type movie. Add that with a terrible James Bond esque villain with indexed wanna be humor.

Man this is a bad movie. So much promise. Just not good. Stand alone it might not be bad but based on the matrix. Just a poor money grab effort.

1.5 might be generous. And I’m easy to please.

The sound was…ok. Def not a ton of dynamics. Little use of atmos. Zero bass (unless you BEQ it) and muffled. Dialog was fine but just a not fun mix. Hopefully the disc is better

The picture is reference quality. Razor sharp. Gorgeous colors. Deep dark blacks.  Too bad the rest of the package couldn’t hold up. But straight eye candy

Have fun ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 07:15:36 AM by bmoney »
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
Re: The matrix resurrection- HBO max
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 10:27:33 AM »
I wasn't really expecting it to live up to the original film, but I had hope that it would be decently entertaining.

Way to ruin Christmas, Mr. Grinch. ::) 

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 11:28:14 AM »
I was afraid this would be the case. Actually watched the original Matrix last week because we had a couple of visitors who had never seen it and marveled at how well the movie has held up 20+ years later. I felt the first two sequels were mediocre, at best, and this looks like it makes it even worse. Too bad. Some things are better left alone!
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 11:41:51 AM »
yeah, I hated the sequels.  went WAY too sci-fi and lost me

sucks too cause the original is as good as it gets ...such an awesome movie
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 11:48:14 AM »
Have the Wachowskis done anything really good since the original The Matrix? The sequels to that were bad and mediocre. Jupiter Ascending was really hyped up and it was horrible. I remember reading an interview with them about JA where they came across as super condescending and pretentious, as if there was so much in JA that was apparently too smart for the dumb audience, and my reaction was that I got all of what they were talking about, it wasn't really that deep, and it just wasn't done well.

Checking, I guess Cloud Atlas was a good one but overall I've been disappointed in their work since The Matrix.

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 01:55:04 PM »
Yeah.......the sequels were a nice addition to the story, in theory. However, it seems that 007 is the only one who has been able to come back from retirement successfully. 

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 04:44:05 PM »
Have the Wachowskis done anything really good since the original The Matrix? The sequels to that were bad and mediocre. Jupiter Ascending was really hyped up and it was horrible. I remember reading an interview with them about JA where they came across as super condescending and pretentious, as if there was so much in JA that was apparently too smart for the dumb audience, and my reaction was that I got all of what they were talking about, it wasn't really that deep, and it just wasn't done well.

Checking, I guess Cloud Atlas was a good one but overall I've been disappointed in their work since The Matrix.
While not as good as the original, I did like the Matrix sequels. Just watched all 3 with friends not too long ago. Still like all three.
My wife and I love Cloud Atlas. Probably have watched it 12 times. Have another friend that will come watch it any time! Also, V For Vendetta is good - rewatched that recently too - on the 4th of November! Although they only wrote the screen play.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 04:47:41 PM by AVSCraig »
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2021, 01:06:41 AM »
I forgot V For Vendetta was theirs - that was pretty good. 

There are some interesting reviews/articles popping up about the movie. This one has an interesting take and may not help things with some but it suggests there's at least some stuff to chew on:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/12/23/matrix-resurrections-review-red-pill-america-526038

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal