AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Carada Masquerade 2:38.1 screen with remote side panels

Carada Masquerade 2:38.1 screen with remote side panels
« on: August 26, 2021, 07:45:08 PM »
I purchased the Carada screen some time ago when Carada was still in business. The price was all that I could afford at the time and I've been living with the screen flaws since purchase. I was just wondering if it is possible to remove the Carada frame, replace the screen with, let''s say, a Stewart, then replace the Carada frame?

I don't know if this is possible. I also don't know how to remove the frame if it is.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Carada Masquerade 2:38.1 screen with remote side panels
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 12:47:43 PM »
I purchased the Carada screen some time ago when Carada was still in business. The price was all that I could afford at the time and I've been living with the screen flaws since purchase. I was just wondering if it is possible to remove the Carada frame, replace the screen with, let''s say, a Stewart, then replace the Carada frame?

I don't know if this is possible. I also don't know how to remove the frame if it is.

Ed, check with Ralph Potts. He has the Carada masking with a Stewart Screen. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 06:06:50 PM »
Ed, check with Ralph Potts. He has the Carada masking with a Stewart Screen.
David, how do I contact Ralph?

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 07:22:02 PM »
David, how do I contact Ralph?
I sent him and email and asked him to chime in here. He should post something in the next 24 hours (or less). 
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSMike

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 08:12:30 PM »

Hi Ed. i am checking to see what I can do for you.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 12:03:27 AM »
Mike/David

Thank you both very much. 
Ed

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 07:05:56 AM »
Greetings,

Hi Ed, I am using the Masquerade masking system with a Stewart Studiotek 130 G3 screen. I ordered the Masquerade after I already had the Stewart and it was built specifically to the dimensions of the Stewart.

What you are asking is certainly possible as long as the fixed frame Stewart you're ordering matches the dimensions of the screen you're currently using with the Carada. 

Good Luck!

Best,

Ralph

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »
Greetings,

Hi Ed, I am using the Masquerade masking system with a Stewart Studiotek 130 G3 screen. I ordered the Masquerade after I already had the Stewart and it was built specifically to the dimensions of the Stewart.

What you are asking is certainly possible as long as the fixed frame Stewart you're ordering matches the dimensions of the screen you're currently using with the Carada.

Good Luck!

Best,

Ralph
Thanks Ralph. I thought that was what you did, but I wasn't 100% sure. I appreciate you coming on over and helping :)
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 12:21:19 PM »
Ralph, Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have a million questions but I'll limit it to just a few (for now!). The Carada fame and screen were installed by professionals because I had (have) no idea of what I was or could do.

Can the Carada frame be simply lifted off the wall and placed somewhere else?

Can the Carada screen also be lifted off in similar fashion?

Is the Carada frame even complete so that it does not come off and fall to pieces? Is the frame very heavy or can one person just lift and install it over the new screen?

(I have all my amps, etc. under the screen and will have to disassemble them before anything. I also have two Magnepan towers that will probably have to be moved but I believe I can do it myself.)

Ralph, I'd appreciate any info you can give me.

Thanks, in advance and David, thanks again
Ed

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 01:08:03 PM »
Ralph, Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have a million questions but I'll limit it to just a few (for now!). The Carada fame and screen were installed by professionals because I had (have) no idea of what I was or could do.

Can the Carada frame be simply lifted off the wall and placed somewhere else?

Can the Carada screen also be lifted off in similar fashion?

Is the Carada frame even complete so that it does not come off and fall to pieces? Is the frame very heavy or can one person just lift and install it over the new screen?

(I have all my amps, etc. under the screen and will have to disassemble them before anything. I also have two Magnepan towers that will probably have to be moved but I believe I can do it myself.)

Ralph, I'd appreciate any info you can give me.

Thanks, in advance and David, thanks again
Ed

Greetings,

Ed, the Masquerade is a masking system. So, try not to think of it terms of being a frame. It is mounted to the wall over your current screen.

It's primary pieces are the top header (which contains the motor assembly) and bottom. These contain the masking panels (upper and lower). There are rails, one per side, that connect the top and bottom. When the motor is operated the masking is raised (from the bottom) and lowered (from the top) along the rails. The masking material itself is on rollers that run the length of the bottom/top pieces.

There are left/right covers that slide into the top/bottom pieces which cover the rails and match the top/bottom to provide the appearance of the framed enclosure.

The top header is mounted to the wall with a bracket that supports it weight. Lifting it off of the bracket requires two people. The bottom piece is light enough to be handled alone. The side covers are easy to remove by using the palm of your hand to push it out (to the right for the right hand side and to the left for the left hand side) at the top and bottom so you can gain access to the rails which are connected to the bottom piece by nuts.

I installed mine and believe that I still have the assembly instructions via PDF. I will check and post back.

Regards,

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2021, 01:22:40 PM »
Greetings,

Ed, attached is the assembly instructions for the Carada Masquerade masking system. This will answer many of your questions as well as allow you to disassemble and reinstall the system.

Best of luck!

Regards,

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2021, 02:16:11 PM »
Greetings,

Ed, attached is the assembly instructions for the Carada Masquerade masking system. This will answer many of your questions as well as allow you to disassemble and reinstall the system.

Best of luck!

Regards,
You're the best Ralph. Awesome work buddy!
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2021, 03:59:45 PM »
Ralph,

I looked at the manual setup for the frame and I do not think I can do it.
Question:
    Can the frame top be removed by two people simply without having to do any hardware?
    The same question for the bottom and side panels?

I've taken up alot of your time as well as David and Mike, and I really appreciate all the help/suggestions that have been offered to me. (Being 79 is not a happy event!)

Mike was looking into the Stewart situation for me but I think this whole event will be costly and, unless there is some company in Santa Ana ad/or Orange County, CA that whould be willing to do all this for me...I am too scared to attempt anything on my own. I've already emailed Mike and would deeply want to thank you, Mike and David for all your help.

In deep appreciation,
Ed Weinman

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2021, 04:48:37 PM »
You're the best Ralph. Awesome work buddy!

Greetings,

If you reach out, you know that I am there Dave..anytime. ;)

Regards,

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2021, 04:53:18 PM »
Ralph,

I looked at the manual setup for the frame and I do not think I can do it.
Question:
    Can the frame top be removed by two people simply without having to do any hardware?
    The same question for the bottom and side panels?

I've taken up alot of your time as well as David and Mike, and I really appreciate all the help/suggestions that have been offered to me. (Being 79 is not a happy event!)

Mike was looking into the Stewart situation for me but I think this whole event will be costly and, unless there is some company in Santa Ana ad/or Orange County, CA that whould be willing to do all this for me...I am too scared to attempt anything on my own. I've already emailed Mike and would deeply want to thank you, Mike and David for all your help.

In deep appreciation,
Ed Weinman

Greetings,

Ed, as you can see by the instructions, the top and bottom are connected by the rails. Removal of the nuts that hold them together as well as release of the straps that raise and lower the bottom mask (in addition to removing the small wood screws) will allow taking the top and bottom off of the wall. The side pieces simply slide off (see that instructions).

If someone helps you it can absolutely be done with little problem.

Regards,

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal