AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Shure Wireless Mic

Shure Wireless Mic
« on: August 12, 2021, 10:30:43 AM »
Have you been considering a wireless mic for your large meeting
space, music venue, or house of worship?
Want to make sure it's a good fit?
Try this Shure BLX24/PG58 out for free with the AVS Demo Loaner Program.
Shure microphones are a household name for quality, and reliability in an affordable package. 
They are a great low cost addition to any stage setup, large meeting space, or house of worship to 
give presenters and performers freedom to move about the stage.
**different geographical areas require different frequency bands to operate correctly please let AVS know your location when requesting a demo**

#Shure #Livemusic #houseofworship #avscience

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
Re: Shure Wireless Mic
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 07:09:02 PM »
We have two BLX4 base units and two SM58 handheld mics.

I think one of them has an issue as it sounds muffled (to me) when compared to the other mic. I assume it's best to send it directly to Shure?

Also, just wondering how ours differ from the model you mentioned.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 11:02:00 AM »
Hello TRainH2O,

Thanks for your comment and question.

Based on part numbers I believe you have the same model, the variation will likely be its frequency band
depending on your location.

1st thing I would try is changing the channel pairing on the mic / receiver to see if another combination gives
you a better result.

Next you want to try cleaning your the actual head of the mic - makeup and debris can get stuck in there over time and act as an acoustic blocker. Shure has an article on how to properly clean these, see below:

How should I clean my microphone? (shure.com)

If neither of these remedy your issue you will want to send this back to Shure for troubleshooting.

Thanks!!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:03:46 AM by AVSJake »

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 12:44:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Jake.

After speaking with Shure a few weeks back, I was told we were on a band that was no longer usable due to the FCC frequency auction. So, we had to buy new ones.

I was also told that there was a buy-back program at one point but it was over. That would have been nice to know.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal