AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Home Theater Seating Recommendations?

Home Theater Seating Recommendations?
« on: March 28, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »
I've decided to get new home theater seats. My existing ones are a curved row of 4 seats, which have been great since I got them early 2000's. I'm moving, and the planned home theater room will be narrow, so it won't be wide enough for 4 curved seats. So, I'm looking to do 2 rows (tiered). Each row will have 2 to 3 seats. Honestly, 98% of the time, 4 or less people watch at the same time, so I only need a total of 4 seats. However, I'm afraid that if I decide in the future that I need more seats, I'm wary that the model of seating that I get may no longer be available in the future.

Unfortunately, it's not so easy finding a physical store to try home theater seats, so I'm asking folks if they have any particular recommendations. My criteria:

- Power recline
- Power headrest
- Power lumbar
- Leather
- Expandable, so a row of 2 seats can be expanded to be a row of 3 seats in the future
- Cup holders
- If seat has LED lights, they absolutely have to be dimmable or be able to be turned off
- EDIT: ideally, the manufacturer has to be fairly stable in their seating models, so if I decide I want to add more seats in the future, the model that I have will still be available.

In my quick online search, the Octane Magnum LHR seems interesting (https://octaneseating.com/magnum-lhr). But I'm sure there are many other seating to choose from.

Anyone have any suggestions?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 09:56:25 PM by randman »

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Re: Home Theater Seating Recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 06:36:13 PM »
These are excellent - Home Theater Seating | Home Theater Seats - 100% Custom Built (elitehts.com)

These seats look nice. I guess a quote is needed to get the price. It’s not clear if they offer power lumbar and power headrests though. I’ll have to look further. 

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 12:03:15 AM »
I had made a list of general features before purchasing the recliner.

Size? Ability to fit in the room but is considerate of all body types.
Motorized?
Leg and head rest motorized?
Leather, Microsuede or some other fabric?
If Leather, are top grades worth the $$$?
Cup holders (one per seat or on every arm)?
USB ports?
Lights? On Cup holders and/or ???
There are lots of different verities which you can also add. I've had Warwick style seats from the past 2 years and have been very satisfied. I had limited width to work with, but wanted some bells and whistles and these provided that. They are motorized, have led lights, cupholders, top grain leather, USB ports, removable trays.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 01:34:11 AM »
I had made a list of general features before purchasing the recliner.

Size? Ability to fit in the room but is considerate of all body types.
Motorized?
Leg and head rest motorized?
Leather, Microsuede or some other fabric?
If Leather, are top grades worth the $$$?
Cup holders (one per seat or on every arm)?
USB ports?
Lights? On Cup holders and/or ???
There are lots of different verities which you can also add. I've had Warwick style seats from the past 2 years and have been very satisfied. I had limited width to work with, but wanted some bells and whistles and these provided that. They are motorized, have led lights, cupholders, top grain leather, USB ports, removable trays.
In the next year I'll be getting new seats as well. Thanks for posting this. Anybody else have any recommendations?
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 08:05:04 AM »
Don’t cheap out. When I bought mine I could only afford bonded leather. Now 6 years later the seats are a mess. Not mechanically. But the “leather” is peeling. Inhad to put adhesive repair sheets on then. Some day I’ll get some nice ones. 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Go Up