AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Home Theater Seating Recommendations?

Home Theater Seating Recommendations?
« on: March 28, 2021, 06:53:04 PM »
I've decided to get new home theater seats. My existing ones are a curved row of 4 seats, which have been great since I got them early 2000's. I'm moving, and the planned home theater room will be narrow, so it won't be wide enough for 4 curved seats. So, I'm looking to do 2 rows (tiered). Each row will have 2 to 3 seats. Honestly, 98% of the time, 4 or less people watch at the same time, so I only need a total of 4 seats. However, I'm afraid that if I decide in the future that I need more seats, I'm wary that the model of seating that I get may no longer be available in the future.

Unfortunately, it's not so easy finding a physical store to try home theater seats, so I'm asking folks if they have any particular recommendations. My criteria:

- Power recline
- Power headrest
- Power lumbar
- Leather
- Expandable, so a row of 2 seats can be expanded to be a row of 3 seats in the future
- Cup holders
- If seat has LED lights, they absolutely have to be dimmable or be able to be turned off
- EDIT: ideally, the manufacturer has to be fairly stable in their seating models, so if I decide I want to add more seats in the future, the model that I have will still be available.

In my quick online search, the Octane Magnum LHR seems interesting (https://octaneseating.com/magnum-lhr). But I'm sure there are many other seating to choose from.

Anyone have any suggestions?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:56:25 PM by randman »

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Re: Home Theater Seating Recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 03:36:13 PM »
These are excellent - Home Theater Seating | Home Theater Seats - 100% Custom Built (elitehts.com)

These seats look nice. I guess a quote is needed to get the price. It’s not clear if they offer power lumbar and power headrests though. I’ll have to look further. 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal