AVS Discussions
  Go Down

One Year Later with the JVC DLA-RS3000

One Year Later with the JVC DLA-RS3000
« on: March 24, 2021, 01:59:48 PM »
It's been a little over a year since I bought my JVC DLA-RS3000. And in that time, I’ve had the opportunity to gather my thoughts and draw a few conclusions about living with this projector and how it performs.

Coming from a JVC DLA-RS2000, I was a little apprehensive at first, knowing it already offered class leading value at its price point. But soon after the RS3000 was installed, it was obvious that the higher performance hardware produced a far better image overall. It was clear to see that the image had greater contrast, a much deeper level of black, and produced an image that was much sharper, natural, and more analog in appearance. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say that the RS3000 is, by far, the most well-rounded projector I've ever owned. It throws the kind of image that, whatever the type of video I'm watching, be it HDR, SDR, or 3D, I know it's going to look great and impress any guests that I have over. In fact, I've been complimented several times from guests who've said they'd take this projector over an OLED TV any day of the week. I completely agree with them, and this is knowing full well what the OLED TV in my living room looks like. I finally feel like I've hit video nirvana with this projector.

And it's no wonder why I and so many others who own this projector feel this way. The RS3000 has so many great hardware and software features there's almost too many to list. But some of the standout features are native 4K resolution, which can be further enhanced through JVCs proprietary 8K e-shift technology, a high performance 100mm all-glass motorized lens, reference level native and dynamic contrast ratios, full DCI-P3 color saturation that's put to good use with most HDR video, built-in high performance dynamic tonemapping that rewrites what's possible for HDR video through a projector, and class leading light output that allows the RS3000 to drive moderate to large-sized projection screens. Near its price point, there's really no other home theater projector on the market quite like it.

The RS3000 also has COVID appeal. It's been an absolute delight having this projector here during the lockdowns and social distancing. It's helped me and my family stay sane during these stressful times, knowing that we still have a way to experience films and Hollywood-style TV shows exactly how they're meant to be seen on the big screen.

So if you've been on the fence about buying this projector, know that you won't be disappointed. 
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

Re: One Year Later with the JVC DLA-RS3000
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 03:00:49 PM »
Thanks for the write up...I have an NX-7 tempted to upgrade but I was under the impression that the NX-9 would really only make a big difference on a larger screen...I run an ST100 125” 2.35 diagonal...Is your 130” screen 16:9 or scope? Thanks

AVSMike

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 04:02:43 PM »
Thanks for the write up...I have an NX-7 tempted to upgrade but I was under the impression that the NX-9 would really only make a big difference on a larger screen...I run an ST100 125” 2.35 diagonal...Is your 130” screen 16:9 or scope? Thanks
Not Dylan, but will answer for him. He has a 120" diagonal 2.35 with ST100 fabric.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 04:30:00 PM »
Not Dylan, but will answer for him. He has a 120" diagonal 2.35 with ST100 fabric.
Thanks Mike...very very interesting...it’s interesting to know he noticed a big difference on that size screen and didn’t require a much larger screen to notice the difference...It’s similar to the fact that my wife’s 22” 720p kitchen tv looks 4K all day long, even with Judge Judy! 😉

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 08:00:10 PM »
Like Mike said, I just switched over to the ST100 material in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The RS3000 is plenty bright at this screen size.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 08:58:12 PM »
Like Mike said, I just switched over to the ST100 material in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The RS3000 is plenty bright at this screen size.
Thanks, I have no doubt it’s bright enuf for 120” screen...I’m surprised you saw such a notable image difference between the 2000 and 3000 on that size screen...I’m considering upgrading my NX7 to a 9 and am running a 125” ST100 so would be interested in hearing more specifics as to what differences you were actually seeing...thanks again

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 08:55:36 AM »
Thanks, I have no doubt it’s bright enuf for 120” screen...I’m surprised you saw such a notable image difference between the 2000 and 3000 on that size screen...I’m considering upgrading my NX7 to a 9 and am running a 125” ST100 so would be interested in hearing more specifics as to what differences you were actually seeing...thanks again
If you're looking for more objective information, I go over how much better the projector measured over the RS2000 in my review:

https://hometheaterreview.com/jvc-dla-nx9-8k-d-ila-projector-reviewed/
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 10:11:43 AM »
If you're looking for more objective information, I go over how much better the projector measured over the RS2000 in my review:

https://hometheaterreview.com/jvc-dla-nx9-8k-d-ila-projector-reviewed/
Awesome review!! Thanks man... Ok, here’s the big question...would appreciate your advice...on my 125” 2.35 ST100 do I keep my NX7 and add a Lumagen/DCR combo OR upgrade to an NX9?

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 11:29:37 AM »
Awesome review!! Thanks man... Ok, here’s the big question...would appreciate your advice...on my 125” 2.35 ST100 do I keep my NX7 and add a Lumagen/DCR combo OR upgrade to an NX9?
Or better yet, upgrade to an NX9 / RS3000 and a DCR lens. You only live once!
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 11:41:03 AM »
Or better yet, upgrade to an NX9 / RS3000 and a DCR lens. You only live once!
The divorce would be far more expensive!!!!!;)

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 10:13:13 AM »
Awesome review!! Thanks man... Ok, here’s the big question...would appreciate your advice...on my 125” 2.35 ST100 do I keep my NX7 and add a Lumagen/DCR combo OR upgrade to an NX9?
Buying a Lumagen Radiance Pro is a great start at making either of these projectors better. HDR will take on a whole new personality. Adding an anamorphic lens and/or upgrading to the NX9 will simply take things up a notch. More brightness, contrast and a sharper image overall. I'd say start with the Radiance Pro and if you still feel like the image needs some help, consider one or both of these other options.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 01:22:55 AM »
I’m very happy with my NX9, the Pq is superb and with the TO Mid for my setup cannot be beat.

Edit: well maybe with a lumagen it will be but compared to other projectors without it, it does a superb job :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 01:29:53 AM by Franin »

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal