AVS Discussions
  Go Down

New JVC 3.51 firmware now available

Re: New JVC 3.51 firmware now available
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 03:07:36 AM »
Can I please have the new firmware just getting a Lumagen processor this looks like it would be good to have.

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 04:23:51 PM »
Correction - Gamma 2.2 with BT2020 is absolutely an option for a user preset so it can be used with the auto pic. mode select.
I didn't see your edit previously, Craig.

With 3.50, Gamma 2.2 (or 2.4, etc.) with BT2020 is currently available in a 'regular' User Picture Mode, but not with the User Picture Modes available in the HDR "Auto-select" Menu.

I just wanted to confirm that you're saying this has changed, and a Power Gamma is available within the HDR "Auto-select" Menu with Firmware 3.51.

If so, that makes a huge difference in simplifying setup when used with the Envy, Lumagen, etc.

Thanks.

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 08:55:31 PM »

With 3.50, Gamma 2.2 (or 2.4, etc.) with BT2020 is currently available in a 'regular' User Picture Mode, but not with the User Picture Modes available in the HDR "Auto-select" Menu.

I just wanted to confirm that you're saying this has changed, and a Power Gamma is available within the HDR "Auto-select" Menu with Firmware 3.51.

If so, that makes a huge difference in simplifying setup when used with the Envy, Lumagen, etc.

Thanks.
Bumping in case you missed this, @AVSCraig

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2021, 12:16:32 PM »
Bumping in case you missed this, @AVSCraig
My comment was a direct response from JVC. I'll see what they say.  
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2021, 01:51:31 PM »

With 3.50, Gamma 2.2 (or 2.4, etc.) with BT2020 is currently available in a 'regular' User Picture Mode, but not with the User Picture Modes available in the HDR "Auto-select" Menu.

Thanks.
Correct - If you don’t use auto then it is an option.

Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2021, 03:17:46 PM »
Correct - If you don’t use auto then it is an option.
Gotcha.  So nothing has changed here.  That's unfortunate for those who want the projector to auto-switch, who don't have some other type of hardware or automation to handle this.

I think the madVR guys are planning on adding this ability to the Envy down the road, so that will help for those users.

Thanks for checking.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal