AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Cine4Home's LCoS Light Engine Design Article

Cine4Home's LCoS Light Engine Design Article
« on: July 13, 2020, 05:26:18 PM »
Ekki just posted a wonderful walk through discussing LCoS light engine design, with an emphasis on JVC's designs over the years. Towards the end you can see how modular and unique the new 4K DiLA light engine is and how it's ready to take on future laser light sources without modification. It seems JVC has really thought this light engine design through and should last them for at least as long as the X series did.

http://cine4home.de/lcos-jvc-d-ila-aufbau-des-lichtweges-im-wandel-der-zeit-von-den-ersten-heimkinobeamern-bis-zur-aktuellen-n-serie/

It's written in German, but even with Google's translator, I didn't have any issues understanding what he was trying to say.

Thoughts?
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

Re: Cine4Home's LCoS Light Engine Design Article
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 06:11:20 PM »
Good post. I didn't get very far with the German. It's only been 46years! :o Too may words about technology I never learned. 

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 10:40:01 AM »
Good post. I didn't get very far with the German. It's only been 46years! :o Too may words about technology I never learned.

If you switch over the Google's Chrome web browser, it will automatically translate the article. It reads almost as if it were written in English.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 11:55:01 AM »
That was an interesting read. It makes sense that you would design an upgrade-able chassis that could have laser added in the future. It's no doubt expensive and time consuming to design a new projector. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal