AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Carada Screen Is No More

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Carada Screen Is No More
« on: January 04, 2017, 04:20:53 PM »
You heard that right - Carada Screen is out of business. RIP.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Re: Carada Screen Is No More
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 04:56:51 PM »
Very interesting, Craig.  I was strongly considering buying one of their screens last spring, but ended up going with the Screen Innovations one, through MikeG.  I don't know how I would have liked the Carada, but I've been pretty happy with the SI one.  160" 2.35:1, Solar White, 1.3 Gain.

Even with the lowly RS400, and an 18' throw distance, and a reasonable, although not ideal room, with calibrated output, I'm getting plenty of brightness, even with 4k/HDR.  Played around some with Angry Birds this afternoon, tweaking settings, and it was definitely bright enough!

AVSMike

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 11:23:48 AM »
The owner of Carada and his wife had another business. I think it got to a point that they had to make a decision on which.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:26:13 AM »
I too almost bought a Carada before going with the Stewart ST100 back in 2014. 

No question they offered great bang for the buck - I wonder where this market will go to now?  Elite?

Tom Bley

• We'll just do it in Dubly
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:59:24 AM »
You heard that right - Carada Screen is out of business. RIP.

Didn't own one but, they looked like decent screens for the money.  What a shame.  :'(

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 11:08:46 AM »
Didn't own one but, they looked like decent screens for the money.  What a shame.  :'(

That's a bit scary for me.  I have the Carada Masquerade 2.39:1 screen with the black sides framing the images from 4:3 to 2.39:1.  If something goes wrong with the electrical...I'm doomed.  The price was right at the time of purchase.  I have a very small cinemascope screen, their smallest and I wouldn't know where to start looking if something should happen. I'm not a technical person and would not be able to disassemble parts for replacement, if it should come to that and if parts were even available.

Yes, it is a shame.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »
That's a bit scary for me.  I have the Carada Masquerade 2.39:1 screen with the black sides framing the images from 4:3 to 2.39:1.  If something goes wrong with the electrical...I'm doomed.  The price was right at the time of purchase.  I have a very small cinemascope screen, their smallest and I wouldn't know where to start looking if something should happen. I'm not a technical person and would not be able to disassemble parts for replacement, if it should come to that and if parts were even available.

Yes, it is a shame.

They didn't make that masking system I don't think. Da Lite sold a nearly identical one ( it could be identical for all I know ). Both Carada and Da Lite discontinued carrying it at the exact same time.

AVSMike

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 01:05:56 PM »
They didn't make that masking system I don't think. Da Lite sold a nearly identical one ( it could be identical for all I know ). Both Carada and Da Lite discontinued carrying it at the exact same time.

Yes, Carada did make that masking system. It was very time consuming for them to build.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »
Yes, Carada did make that masking system. It was very time consuming for them to build.

Da Lite sold what looked to be an identical one, that was discontinued at the same time. Did they sell theirs to Da Lite? I'm guessing they did.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal