AVS Discussions
  Go Down

‘Star Trek: Picard’ Star Patrick Stewart Announces Free Month of CBS All Access

We are watching through the Amazon Prime app on my Panny UB820. Pretty sure it's bandwidth - since it varies from good crisp 1080p to lame VHS quality and then back again. I think the entire earth is overusing the WWW right now.
I was never able to watch Amazon Prime using the UB820's App, at least when I first got it a year or two ago.  Many others seemed to report issues with this as well.  Netflix was perfect, but Amazon never worked well.

Once I got the NX7, with its DTM, I no longer needed the HDR Optimizer for streaming content, so went entirely to Roku, and use the UB820 for discs only.

If you have another way of accessing CBS All Access, on a different device, it would be interesting to see if you saw better performance.

And I resisted paying extra for CBS All Access, but eventually gave in.  I've enjoyed both seasons of Discovery, as well as the 1 season of Picard, which just finished.  I'll probably discontinue the service until the next season of Picard becomes available, or something else that might be worth paying for it for a few months.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
You also live out in the sticks too :) No problem for us city folks!
Plus, everyone locked down in CA for weeks, on a Sat. night, with free streaming of every show / movie imaginable. What could possibly go wrong ? 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
I was never able to watch Amazon Prime using the UB820's App, at least when I first got it a year or two ago.  Many others seemed to report issues with this as well.  Netflix was perfect, but Amazon never worked well.

Once I got the NX7, with its DTM, I no longer needed the HDR Optimizer for streaming content, so went entirely to Roku, and use the UB820 for discs only.

If you have another way of accessing CBS All Access, on a different device, it would be interesting to see if you saw better performance.

And I resisted paying extra for CBS All Access, but eventually gave in.  I've enjoyed both seasons of Discovery, as well as the 1 season of Picard, which just finished.  I'll probably discontinue the service until the next season of Picard becomes available, or something else that might be worth paying for it for a few months.

I'm going to try streaming directly from CBS All Access via their website tonight and see how that looks. I watched Tour de France that way from the NBC Sports Gold website and it looked great most of the time. We will see.  
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal