AVS Discussions
  Go Down

‘Star Trek: Picard’ Star Patrick Stewart Announces Free Month of CBS All Access

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
from yahoo,

Actor Patrick Stewart announced on Tuesday that, starting immediately, CBS All Access is offering a month free subscription to anyone in the U.S. through April 23.

The announcement comes just as tens of millions of Americans are finding themselves sequestered at home during the COVID-19 pandemic — and just as Stewart’s CBS All Access series “Star Trek: Picard” reaches its season finale, which drops this Thursday.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:14:54 PM by tripplej »
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Now I'm watching this ! :)
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

tripplej

Per the article, for those interested.

Stewart posted a link to redeem the free month to Twitter and Instagram — all users have to do is use the code “GIFT” when signing up.

See the yahoo link at the start of the thread for more details.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:15:36 PM by tripplej »
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

I'll give it a go for 30 days since review movies won't be showing up until the fulfillment houses open again. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

tripplej

David,

Let us know your thoughts once you finish the series. :)

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
AWESOME, thanks JoJoe.

I've watched both series of Star Trek Discovery, and am anxiously awaiting the final episode of Picard.

I've thoroughly enjoyed both, although I'd have to give Picard the edge.  Once it's over, I'll probably cancel my subscription, as there's currently not much else of interest to me.

If there's any other good, original content, let me know.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
Watched the first two episodes of Picard last night. Did enjoy the show. Did not enjoy the picture quality through Amazon Prime. It might be because the web is being severely over-used right now. It went from Blu-ray quality to VHS quality and back again. But my wife has been complaining the internet is slowwww right now. So not much to be done about that ! 

Watched the first two episodes of Picard last night. Did enjoy the show. Did not enjoy the picture quality through Amazon Prime. It might be because the web is being severely over-used right now. It went from Blu-ray quality to VHS quality and back again. But my wife has been complaining the internet is slowwww right now. So not much to be done about that !
It could be bandwidth related, as you suggest.

I've watched it via the CBS All Access App on a Roku Premiere+, and with the same App installed on a 900E Series Sony TV, both with ethernet connection, and it looked spectacular.  But don't know if it's the app or bandwidth limitations.

Awesome series - I enjoyed it thoroughly.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
It could be bandwidth related, as you suggest.

I've watched it via the CBS All Access App on a Roku Premiere+, and with the same App installed on a 900E Series Sony TV, both with ethernet connection, and it looked spectacular.  But don't know if it's the app or bandwidth limitations.

Awesome series - I enjoyed it thoroughly.
We are watching through the Amazon Prime app on my Panny UB820. Pretty sure it's bandwidth - since it varies from good crisp 1080p to lame VHS quality and then back again. I think the entire earth is overusing the WWW right now. 

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
Watched the first two episodes of Picard last night. Did enjoy the show. Did not enjoy the picture quality through Amazon Prime.
It's on Prime? I'll have to check it out. 

We use the app in our Vizio which is connected via Ethernet but in the past, we've had great results via Chromecast.

claw

The CBS All Access channel in the Apple TV+ App on the ATV4K has Picard in 1080P Dolby Vision, and up-scaled to 4K output.

I did not notice any stream issues when I watched the final episode.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 03:38:06 PM by claw »
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
It's on Prime? I'll have to check it out.

We use the app in our Vizio which is connected via Ethernet but in the past, we've had great results via Chromecast.
SInce everyone in CA was ordered to stay home all day / every day, the internet here in the suburbs has slowed to the point video conferencing for my wife has not worked well ( or at all ). It's not a good time to suddenly start streaming for the first time in earnest and then judge the picture quality. 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
The CBS All Access channel in the Apple TV+ App on the ATV4K has Picard in 1080P Dolby Vision, and up-scaled to 4K output.

I did not notice any stream issues when I watched the final episode.
When did you watch it though ? Also, I'm not buying a $179.00 device for 10 episodes of Picard. After these 10 episodes it's back to watching movies on disc. If it isn't free ( 30 days of Prime watching free plus all the other free shows streaming right now ) it isn't happening. My wife is still at least 23 movies behind and counting ( probably more like 30 ).

Anyway, could just be our internet speed here is choked with 30 million people ordered to stay home and work ( and stream shows ) from home for weeks ! 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:22:44 PM by AVSCraig »

When did you watch it though ? Also, I'm not buying a $179.00 device for 10 episodes of Picard. After these 10 episodes it's back to watching movies on disc. If it isn't free ( 30 days of Prime watching free plus all the other free shows streaming right now ) it isn't happening. My wife is still at least 23 movies behind and counting ( probably more like 30 ).

Anyway, could just be our internet speed here is choked with 30 million people ordered to stay home and work ( and stream shows ) from home for weeks !
You also live out in the sticks too :) No problem for us city folks!
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal