AVS Discussions
  Go Down

in ceiling speaker as main left right center speakers -suggestions

Anyone have suggestion for In ceiling speakers for main front left/center/right channels? i have odd layout in room and  it doesnt allow for  floor speakers and in wall is out too. i know goldenear htr7000 have beeen used and reviewed well because they are good speakers and angled down. i also owned pair before (for atmos not fronts)had sell them and havent seen any used since any other ideas similar to those for angled ceiling speakers that arent too expensive.  im trying stay under 1500$ for all 3. i have no issues with used/demo ones either
also is there a certain formula to figure out the distance angle for using ceiling speakers as fronts? my distance from where they would be is like 11.5 feet away to my ears.  8.5 foot ceiling height. ear height is 38 inches 
mike if you sell anything  fir ceiling speakers that angled that would be good enough range and decent price let me know.
any suggestions would be great thanks-rob

AVSMike

Re: in ceiling speaker as main left right center speakers -suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 12:44:33 PM »
Anyone have suggestion for In ceiling speakers for main front left/center/right channels? i have odd layout in room and  it doesnt allow for  floor speakers and in wall is out too. i know goldenear htr7000 have beeen used and reviewed well because they are good speakers and angled down. i also owned pair before (for atmos not fronts)had sell them and havent seen any used since any other ideas similar to those for angled ceiling speakers that arent too expensive.  im trying stay under 1500$ for all 3. i have no issues with used/demo ones either
also is there a certain formula to figure out the distance angle for using ceiling speakers as fronts? my distance from where they would be is like 11.5 feet away to my ears.  8.5 foot ceiling height. ear height is 38 inches
mike if you sell anything  fir ceiling speakers that angled that would be good enough range and decent price let me know.
any suggestions would be great thanks-rob
Triad In ceiling Bronze/8 LCR would be a good option, though it is slightly over your budget. These are on a 45 degree angle, so if your ceiling to ear distance is 64", then place the speaker tweeters 64" in front of you.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 12:46:52 PM by AVSMike »
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal