AVS Discussions
  Go Down

How to tell which Yamaha receivers...

How to tell which Yamaha receivers...
« on: December 08, 2019, 01:38:02 AM »
I want to upgrade my family room receiver to a Yamaha that will let me listen to digital inputs on my zone 2 outdoor speakers. I got Control4 and everything else let’s me listen to hdmi sources except this receiver. I will upgrade to a 4K tv when the current one dies so I would like this to work with that too. 

When looking at different models, I can’t tell if they have this feature or not. Just looking for probably the cheapest one that will do this. How do I tell?

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
Re: How to tell which Yamaha receivers...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 08:07:50 PM »
Only the upper level Aventage models (ie. A1080/A2080/A3080) can pass digital to Zone 2.
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 06:38:32 PM »
Nuts, so are there any receivers $500 or under that support this?

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 08:49:46 AM »
Nuts, so are there any receivers $500 or under that support this?
Generally only a mid/upper level model feature.   You'll have to go back 3-4 years and purchase a refurbished unit for that budget.
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 05:07:01 PM »
Okay thanks.  I think this device might do what I'm looking for and it's only $25.

When I want to listen to the audio from my Control4 EA1 on my zone 2 (which is just analog) this should convert it.

https://www.amazon.com/iArkPower-Extractor-Splitter-Optical-Supports/dp/B01I9JG70A

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 03:58:20 PM »
Okay thanks.  I think this device might do what I'm looking for and it's only $25.

When I want to listen to the audio from my Control4 EA1 on my zone 2 (which is just analog) this should convert it.

https://www.amazon.com/iArkPower-Extractor-Splitter-Optical-Supports/dp/B01I9JG70A
What device would you connect it to as it only supports 1080p?  And also the HDMI source audio must be 2.0 for it to convert to the analog audio outputs.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 04:47:55 PM »
Source would be the Control4 EA1 and output to my Mitsubishi HD TV.  

The more I think about it, not sure this really gets me there.  I just wanted to be able to listen to Pandora, that comes from a Control4 device on all my channels at the same time or if I'm eating lunch or dinner on my upper deck I could just turn on Pandora on that zone.  This solution would mean I would have to have it running on the main zone at the same time and that's not exactly ideal.  I have my home theater receiver sending signal to my first floor patio and that can play digital, so I guess I'll just turn those speakers on and the volume up a bit.  

Bit of a shame but not really worth spending $1k on a new receiver just to listen to Pandora on my speakers when I eat.  Maybe when I upgrade to 4k or whatever I'll reconsider.

Thanks all!

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal