AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Iron Man 2 in 4K a review

Barry

« on: October 16, 2019, 02:19:18 PM »

Iron Man 2 is not just a poor movie, it is a disappointment.  The cast here and in the first movie were exceptional, but they are not given a whole lot to do here. As with too many sequels, this “borrows” scenes and plot points from the previous movie.

In the first movie, Tony Stark, is fighting to create a device to keep his heart working, same so here, Tony works alone to improve Iron Man. Well, he works alone here too. The relationship between him and Pepper is strained, but we know how it will work out in both movies. At the end of Iron Man, he fights a clone of himself, something very common in super-hero movies. Well, then he fights multiple clones of his armor and then a mighty clone of himself.

Scarlett Johannsen is added to the cast as the Black Widow (although that name is not used here.) Pardon my silly objection, but in the comics Happy (John  Favreau) was a trained boxer, here he is made to look inept to make the Black Widow seem better. Sigh.

As part of the MCU SHIELD is given it's name and there is a version of Captain America's shield in Tony's lab. At the end of the movie Colson goes to New Mexico and finds the Hammer of Thor.

Surprising the video and audio were not up to the standards on the first movie. The color shifts often and is often oversaturated. The details do not come out as well and are often not distinct. The surround here is average, not exciting, but was exceptional in the first movie.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 06:20:20 PM by Barry »
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Iron Man 2 in 4K a review
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 02:26:02 PM »
I wasn't a fan of the 2nd one. Even less the 3rd one. I do like the 1st one though ! 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Barry

Re: Iron Man 2 in 4K a review
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 02:57:01 PM »
I liked the first hour of III then it was awful.
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal