AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC Announces New LX-NZ3 3000 Lumen Laser Projector

JVC Announces New LX-NZ3 3000 Lumen Laser Projector
« on: August 30, 2019, 12:03:40 PM »
Press Release States:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JVC Announces 4K/HDR Compatible DLP Projector
With 3,000 Lumen Laser Light Source

New LX-NZ3 features JVC’s HDR Auto Tone Mapping to optimize HDR images.
LONG BEACH, Calif., August 30, 2019 – JVC today announced a new 4K/HDR compatible home theater projector with a laser light source that provides high resolution, high brightness and long life. The new JVC LX-NZ3 also features JVC’s Auto Tone Mapping to automatically deliver the best possible HDR images.The new LX-NZ3 uses a BLU-Escent laser light source to achieve 3000 lumens brightness and long life, which makes the projector an ideal choice for use in living rooms and family rooms.
Main Features
  • BLU-Escent laser light source achieves 3000 lumens brightness and 20,000 hour long life illumination
Thanks to the high brightness, a fully darkened room is not required to achieve excellent image quality, allowing the projector to be used in typical living and family room settings with high ambient light. Regardless of the room design, the projector delivers high quality HDR images with wide dynamic range.
  • Supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) content
The new projector supports HDR content, both HDR10 adopted for UHD Blu-ray and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) adopted for broadcast cable, satellite and live TV. Furthermore, the LX-NZ3 automatically switches to the optimal picture mode based on the signal detected so users can enjoy HDR content without the need for manual adjustments.
  • Auto Tone Mapping automatically optimizes settings for HDR10 content *1
HDR10 content brightness varies greatly from one release to another. To optimize performance based on content, the LX-NZ3 is equipped with Auto Tone Mapping that reads content brightness metadata (Max CLL / FALL *2) and automatically adjusts brightness settings based on that information.
* 1: In the case of content that does not contain mastering information, it will refer to a fixed value or need manual adjustment.* 2: MaxCLL (Maximum Content Light Level), MaxFALL (Maximum Frame Average Light Level)
  • Wide lens shift with ± 60% vertical, ± 23% horizontal range with 1.6x zoom
The LX-NZ3 features lens shift with a wide ± 60% vertical, ± 23% horizontal range, and is equipped with a 1.6x zoom lens that supports a projection distance of 9.8 feet to 15.7 feet for a 100-inch screen. This flexibility allows placement in a wide range of environments without the need for keystone correction, which can degrade image quality.
  • Dynamic light source control achieves high image quality and : 1 contrast
With mechanical apertures, there is some delay when adjusting light output, but JVC’s laser light source can control light output instantaneously, so dynamic brightness adjustment is possible with little or no delay. By controlling the output of the laser according to the brightness of the scene, the LX-NZ3 can reproduce images closer to reality. Moreover, when a complete black signal is input, contrast of : 1 can be achieved by controlling the laser output.
  • High resolution 4K image from a compact projector
The LX-NZ3’s compact size is in part thanks to its use of the 0.47-inch Digital Micromirror Device, which allows the projector to deliver high resolution 4K images from a device that can be easily placed on a shelf, on a table or discreetly installed in a living or family room.
  • Two cabinet colors available -- black and white
JVC offers the LX-NZ3 in either black or white cabinets, so users can choose a color that best works with their room.
The JVC LX-NZ3 will be available in late November for $3,699.95.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: JVC Announces New LX-NZ3 3000 Lumen Laser Projector
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 04:13:11 PM »
Interesting, eh? 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 05:07:03 PM »
I really wasn't expecting to see another DLP-based model from them. I kind of wish we could see a laser 1080p e-shift model on the bottom end. I'm assuming, without economies of scale, it may be impractical to manufacture 1080p DiLA panels for just one model? This model seems to fill the void where the RS540 was at in price.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »
I really wasn't expecting to see another DLP-based model from them. I kind of wish we could see a laser 1080p e-shift model on the bottom end. I'm assuming, without economies of scale, it may be impractical to manufacture 1080p DiLA panels for just one model? This model seems to fill the void where the RS540 was at in price.
A model with a bulb would have been fine for me! I'm sorry I missed the end of the line of the e-shift. I'm not a movie person. I bought and tried to watch way too many movies and never saw the end of some of them! Even one recommended by Craig!!!!!!! :o I primarily watch 3 hours of Motogp racing (19 times a year) live where ever it is in the world. I now have 700-800 hrs on the Sony 45es that I bought from Mike a few years ago. I bought it because they upgraded Motogp streaming from 720p to 1080p.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 02:35:02 PM »
A model with a bulb would have been fine for me! I'm sorry I missed the end of the line of the e-shift. I'm not a movie person. I bought and tried to watch way too many movies and never saw the end of some of them! Even one recommended by Craig!!!!!!! :o I primarily watch 3 hours of Motogp racing (19 times a year) live where ever it is in the world. I now have 700-800 hrs on the Sony 45es that I bought from Mike a few years ago. I bought it because they upgraded Motogp streaming from 720p to 1080p.

There are still a couple of eshift projectors available. Although this new JVC would be a good projector to watch sports on. 

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 07:32:03 AM »

This might be a good projector for someone in your situation. This unit is geared more towards living room installations where a ton of light is needed to kill ambient light. It's not meant to serve as competition to their 4K DiLA home theater projectors. Sports and brighter APL content should look excellent on this projector.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSMike

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 10:08:45 AM »
This might be a good projector for someone in your situation. This unit is geared more towards living room installations where a ton of light is needed to kill ambient light. It's not meant to serve as competition to their 4K DiLA home theater projectors. Sports and brighter APL content should look excellent on this projector.

Yep. This should be an excellent family room projector. Especially for sports and TV. 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 10:17:09 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a black room with the lowest LRV paint I could find locally. When I turn on all the lights in the room I still can't see a damn thing in the corners on each side of the screen (I'll be 69 in the next day or two with MATURE vision)! :) 8) With all lights off it's a black pit with a screen floating in a black abyss! ;)

The projector before the Sony 45es was a Sharp DT-400 which had a motorized zoom and focus and a two position iris. The next projector WILL have a motorized zoom and focus and an adjustable iris!

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 10:54:00 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a black room with the lowest LRV paint I could find locally. When I turn on all the lights in the room I still can't see a damn thing in the corners on each side of the screen (I'll be 69 in the next day or two with MATURE vision)! :) 8) With all lights off it's a black pit with a screen floating in a black abyss! ;)

The projector before the Sony 45es was a Sharp DT-400 which had a motorized zoom and focus and a two position iris. The next projector WILL have a motorized zoom and focus and an adjustable iris!
In that case something with better black levels is in order. There are RS540's still available ! 

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 12:18:43 PM »
Why do we need another low contrast DLP laser projector?? We need more high contrast laser projectors with a lower pricetag.
Regards
Andreas                                                           

Calibration software: Lightspace and Calman. TPG: Murideo Fresco SIX-G
Meters: Klein K-10 A and Jeti 1501. THX II certified.

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 01:17:11 PM »
JVC isn't going to offer that at a low price point until they have to. Sony and/or Epson needs to offer JVC competition first.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSMike

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 02:55:59 PM »
JVC isn't going to offer that at a low price point until they have to. Sony and/or Epson needs to offer JVC competition first.
Epson first has to step onto the native 4K field. Wish they would hurry up and do so. 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 03:31:14 PM »
Epson first has to step onto the native 4K field. Wish they would hurry up and do so.

I currently have a 5050UB here for review. Their eshift system does a very good job like JVC's did. I can understand why they're waiting. The cheapest native 4K projector is still $2000 more than the 5050UB. No one is forcing their hand in releasing a native 4K unit.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSMike

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2019, 08:39:02 PM »
I got to see the NZ3 for a little bit at CEDIA. JVC says this is really meant for media rooms, dens and living room applications where there might be a bit of ambient light or if the room is poorly treated. They aren't intending it to be for a dedicated theater, though, obviously, you can use it in one if you're after a laser based single chip DLP projector. They had it setup in a similar scenario with the front end of the booth being open to the show floor lights. Despite this, the image still looked good. The new .47" DMD its using does a really good job getting essentially 4K resolution on screen. Contrast was not DiLA good, but seems to be close in performance to the other .47" DMD based models I've seen. They're OEM'ing the projector, but I was told they are having the OEM do a few custom things you won't be able to see from other companies OEM'ing it. This might be a good alternative to the Optoma UHZ65.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal