AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC 3000 and the Panasonic 9000

Barry

JVC 3000 and the Panasonic 9000
« on: May 31, 2019, 04:08:47 PM »
This is about the JVC 3000 projector and the Panasonic 9000 4k player.

At first, using the Oppo 205, I got brilliant pictures using my new JVC 9000 and Stewart 100 screen. That is, my Verizon Cable looked great, the Blu Ray images, regular and 3D from my Oppo were great, but the 4K pictures were way too dark, too black to be enjoyed.  The JVC rep, after two hours here, said that the Oppo was not the best player for the JVC projector, I should get the Panasonic 9000.. The Oppo works great on my 4K LG, but not on this. The rep said, “Most importantly I do not believe there is a better projector on the market at any price for your specific room.”

He very nicely sent me instructions for setting up the Panasonic:

Continue to use the JVC HDR10 picture preset.
2.      Set the Panasonic player for as follows

Using Panasonic DP-UB9000:
No Disc in the player
Curser over to “Set Up” and press “OK”
“Player Settings” will be highlighted, Press “OK”
HDMI will be highlighted, press “OK”
Cursor down to “Advanced Settings” press “OK”
Cursor down to “HDR Display Type”, press “OK”
Select “Basic Luminance Projector” from HDR Display Type Setting

Step 2:
Using Panasonic DP-UB9000:
With a Disc in the player press “Play”
Press the Video Settings button on the remote control. “Optimum HDR Adjustment will be highlighted press “OK” HDR Optimizer” will be highlight, press “OK” and select “On” 
Set HDR Optimizer “On” from OSD menu.

McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

Re: JVC 3000 and the Panasonic 9000
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 05:04:30 PM »
The Panasonic player have 1 good thing, wich is the tonemapping, other than that its equipped with a processor that dont pass a very good chroma responce, so Panasonic has addet quite a bit of backdoor processing/ enhancement to try compensate for the processor limitation, wich adds some distortion/ ringing to the image.

So from a reference standpoint the oppo is a better UHD player, none of them are very good upscalers.

If you want the best ill think a OPPO with a Lumagen Pro would be the ultimate solution.

If the Panasonics distortion dont bothere you, its the cheapest solution.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal