Go Down

Black Hawk Down 4K Blu-Ray

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« on: May 10, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »

WOW. I sat down last night intending to just sample a few minutes of this disc. Watched damn near the entire movie ( after saying goodbye to my guests who had watched another movie ). This 4K upgrade is excellent. Film grain is preserved, but the film grain varies appropriately. It's been a while since I watched the Blu-ray, but it never looked this good. Detail it amazing, and the audio track also is excellent. A good subwoofer and surround channel workout. 

I'll post more and hopefully some screen shots soon.  
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Re: Black Hawk Down 4K Blu-Ray
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 12:58:28 PM »
Craig,

I've been travelling all week but picked this up as well. I plan on popping it in tonight!
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 01:07:29 PM »
Craig,

I've been travelling all week but picked this up as well. I plan on popping it in tonight!
It's interesting how the film grain varies depending on the shot. I don't remember if the Blu-ray was like that ( I might need to watch parts of it ). There are some really grainy / gritty scenes, and there are some very clear clean scenes. And, it looks totally appropriate to the scene itself. If the BR was like that, the 4K BR conveys it even better.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 02:03:24 PM »
It's interesting how the film grain varies depending on the shot. I don't remember if the Blu-ray was like that ( I might need to watch parts of it ). There are some really grainy / gritty scenes, and there are some very clear clean scenes. And, it looks totally appropriate to the scene itself. If the BR was like that, the 4K BR conveys it even better.
The BR has lots of grain as well. Sony does a very good job with these new 4K transfers. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Barry

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 12:42:43 AM »
Thanx for the review. Bought the 4k disc and will watch it this week
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal